really??

18 minutes ago, pathetic said:

Ford has a new 7.3 gas motor for 2020, and Chevy has .... ? 

An entirely new truck, with an entirely new 6.6 gas motor that has more power and torque than the ancient 6.2 Ford you’re going to buy? I’m struggling to see the point of any of this. You sound like a Ford guy in Chevy-guy drag.

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Like 4

that is my point ... chevy is coming out with a 6.6 ... and ford with a 7.3, how are you not understanding this?  annnnnd it doesn't look to have that much more than  hp/tq than the 6.2 @ 385/430 .....I'm reading 400/450 for the 6.6, that's hardly what I would call dominate, and ford's 7.3 will kill that figure.

Edited by pathetic

5 hours ago, rkj__ said:

I've seen very few extended cab trucks with an 8ft bed (of any brand) on the roads, in the last 10 years.  I do a double-take every time I see one, because they are very rare. 

I started noticing after a very biased comparison between Ford and Chevy that lied about how many body styles Ford offers and I've seen a total of 2.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pathetic said:

ford's 7.3 will kill that figure.

Too bad that you’re buying the 6.2 then. Guess you should get on with that. I heard they are wheeling and dealing on the extended cab long beds...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, pathetic said:

you don't need to be a dick .. I promise I've owned more chevys than you. :)  if you're happy with chevy not being the best, that's great, I expect more, and they used to deliver ..

It’s the best for my needs. Buy whatever works for you...but a true loyalist doesn’t even say the “F” word. My dad would be rolling in his grave if I even thought about it so it does not compute. :nono:

• Like 1

You're not forced to buy anything from Chevy.. so no point in being mad at them. They tend to cater to the masses and what sells over the unicorns. If you want a long bed 6.2 just pony up the cash and swap the engine in.

I'm not hauling a trailer around ... I guess most people don't buy trucks to work out of the days, most truck purchases are for 'lifestyle' trucks, useless cute little beds, and loaded up like a caddy 30 years ago ..

I may wait and look at the new HD trucks, but I'm not hopeful .. 

Right now if I want to buy a gas motored 3/4 it'd be a Ford, no question.