really??

1 hour ago, pathetic said:

Am I understanding this correctly? Can I really not order a long bed with anything but a regular cab, and no 6.2 either? Chevy seems to be forcing me into buying a new Ford, what the hell are they thinking?

Correct.  Only the 2500 and up can be ordered with a long bed.  Honestly, it's not a very popular option so I can see why they dont allow the combo on the 1500s

• Like 1

This is not anything new. The 6.2 has never been available in a long box.

Even if you would settle for the 5.3, you’d still have to go back to 2013 to get a extended cab, long box Chevy 1500. But good luck finding one because as Z1 said, nobody bought them. 

I suppose you're right, no one buys trucks ... for trucks anymore, this is where the market is I guess for chevy, I can get a long bed super cab 1/2 ton with Ford still.  The first vehicle I bought was a '74 1/2t chevy, I've never bought anything but GM ... until now.  

Your nose isn't working then, I'm not particularly happy about being forced into a Ford ... although there's no comparison between the new super duties and the 2019 hd trucks, with gas motors .. Chevy has really dropped the ball, I've never thought Ford was superior to Chevy until now, just go drive a new f250 gas, then go drive a silverado with a gas motor.

I've seen very few extended cab trucks with an 8ft bed (of any brand) on the roads, in the last 10 years.  I do a double-take every time I see one, because they are very rare. 

Edited by rkj__

1 hour ago, pathetic said:

Your nose isn't working then, I'm not particularly happy about being forced into a Ford ... although there's no comparison between the new super duties and the 2019 hd trucks, with gas motors .. Chevy has really dropped the ball, I've never thought Ford was superior to Chevy until now, just go drive a new f250 gas, then go drive a silverado with a gas motor.

I agree with this, being that I own a 6.0 2500HD crew 4x4, and have driven several new 250’s with the 6.2.....I’m debating between a new 5.3/8sp and a Ford currently for purchase within the next couple of months.  

Love the styling on the new 19 silverado but am not (yet) sure about the 5.3/8sp being as good or superior to Ford’s gas engine offerings (5.0/3.5/6.2), more specifically in the half ton trucks.  

So, out of the 4 things you want: 1/2 ton, 6.2 engine, 4 door cab, 8' box- you are not willing to give on any of them?

That would be a rare truck. It would be about 29' long, so good luck parking it in your garage or any parking stall.

Most people settle for either getting the family hauler with a short bed, or getting a work truck with long box. Its tough to find. I also wanted the 8' bed, but I'm getting along just fine without it. I have a trailer for when I need more hauling capacity. Good luck in your search. I would hate to see you in a f*rd.

2 hours ago, pathetic said:

Why not wait and see how the 2020 Silverado HD compares if you really don’t want to be in a Ford. At first you’re talking half tons, now an F250. Nobody would argue that the 6.0 isn’t underpowered but the gas HD market is just coming back into full swing. The GM 6.6 should be a solid engine, and it is said they are working on one even bigger. Of course, just in time as gas prices are starting to climb again...

I'll probably end up in a 2020 F250 with the 6.2 ... I just don't see the new HD truck with the 6.6 being that much better, and again, Chevy is behind the ball, Ford has a new 7.3 gas motor for 2020, and Chevy has .... ? I'm not wild about the new HD trucks looks wise either ...

What I do know is Chevy has pissed me off with the crap offerings they expect us to buy. btw, I have a lly cc dually and a 6.0 5-spd HD regular cab now.