King Off- Road Kit

Hello All,

Has anyone here installed the King Off-Road 2.5 or 3.0 system to their vehicle? What did you think of it? I'm contemplating deleting my Magneride to have this kit installed after I get it back from having the Whipple put on.

https://sdhqoffroad.com/products/07-current-chevy-gm-1500-3-0-performance-race-series-kit

I like the ride of my current setup but always looking to improve. I've had Fox systems in the past but don't really care for the ride. I have a buddy who has King Coil-overs on his Tacoma and I love his ride. As always , Thanks for the input!  

Edited by Denali34
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Denali34 said:

The price doesn't matter to me. How is the ride and handling? 

Don't know I'd call it Caddy like but I certainly didn't waste my money doing the modification. If I were doing it again I would have gotten remote reservoirs instead of piggy back on the rear. I lowered mine and the reservoirs would hit the axle IF I shortened the bumpers so I live with less compression stroke than is available. I'm working on that. For stock height or lifted it's not an issue. 

Excellent. That’s what I wanted to hear. I spoke with your contact and ordered them. There is a 6 week lead time on the 3.0’s. They saved me some money too. It was only $5600 for the full kit. Thank you both for your input. You’ve been a great help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hello All,

Has anyone here installed the King Off-Road 2.5 or 3.0 system to their vehicle? What did you think of it? I'm contemplating deleting my Magneride to have this kit installed after I get it back from having the Whipple put on.

https://sdhqoffroad.com/products/07-current-chevy-gm-1500-3-0-performance-race-series-kit

I like the ride of my current setup but always looking to improve. I've had Fox systems in the past but don't really care for the ride. I have a buddy who has King Coil-overs on his Tacoma and I love his ride. As always , Thanks for the input!  

I’m with you on always wanting to improve as often as possible. I’m running CST front Coil Overs and rear Piggybacks with my CST Lift and aside of the F rated tires, rides really smooth. I was advised not to go with 3.0’s due to a rougher street ride but even better riding on harsher terrain. This is going to be a great thread to follow [emoji1303]

Sent from above

• Like 1

On ‎2019‎-‎03‎-‎14 at 5:56 AM, Madcow2020 said:

I think both mazzula and Baja kit offers that setup with their control arms. I think their control arms look better and are stronger then the total chaos. If your in it that far might as well go all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mazzula is where I would be looking if I were installing pre-runner style suspension too. Not much point in spending the dough on a set of Kings if you have them bolted up to OEM control arms. The second you lift them to 3" and go off road, you will have your UCA rip right off the truck or get tangled in the front coil spring. Mind you King shocks might not even clear an OEM UCA when installing, the coil may be already to wide.

Quite the build you have going OP, you must have secured yourself a great career to be able to afford putting that kind of money into your toys. Congrats. 

Mazzula is where I would be looking if I were installing pre-runner style suspension too. Not much point in spending the dough on a set of Kings if you have them bolted up to OEM control arms. The second you lift them to 3" and go off road, you will have your UCA rip right off the truck or get tangled in the front coil spring. Mind you King shocks might not even clear an OEM UCA when installing, the coil may be already to wide.

Quite the build you have going OP, you must have secured yourself a great career to be able to afford putting that kind of money into your toys. Congrats. 

The kit I ordered was the 2.5 system F&R from King with Camburg control arms. I think that should be all I need.  Was told by email Monday that its 4 more weeks till shipping out to me. Im in no rush. 

Thank you [mention=114682]L86 All Terrain[/mention]  I really like this truck and plan on keeping it for a while. I happened to have quite a strong portfolio and when the economy became bull I was handsomely rewarded.

• Like 1