2019 Sierra elevation crew cab?

So I had an extended test drive a couple weekends ago in a 2019 Sierra Elevation edition and loved it. The only problem is the double cab was just too small for what I need. I turned it back in and told my salesman I would be interested when they come out with the crew cab. He assured me that they will be coming out with them and would let me know as soon as they can order them.

I guess I am kind of suspect at this point because wouldn’t GMC release the crew cab before the double cab? I am aware that GM authority has a spy shot of a crew cab elevation, I was just wondering if anyone on the forum had a better idea of a timeline for the release of a crew cab elevation.

Thank you

25 minutes ago, dbo4455 said:

So I had an extended test drive a couple weekends ago in a 2019 Sierra Elevation edition and loved it. The only problem is the double cab was just too small for what I need. I turned it back in and told my salesman I would be interested when they come out with the crew cab. He assured me that they will be coming out with them and would let me know as soon as they can order them.

I guess I am kind of suspect at this point because wouldn’t GMC release the crew cab before the double cab? I am aware that GM authority has a spy shot of a crew cab elevation, I was just wondering if anyone on the forum had a better idea of a timeline for the release of a crew cab elevation.

Thank you

Unless it's false advertising I see CC Elevations all over dealer websites.

Currently, the order guide only show the Elevation Edition as a Double Cab.

Sierra 1SA note1    

SLE 3SA note2    

Elevation Double Cab 3SB note3    

SLT 4SA note2    

AT4 4SB note4    

Denali Crew Cab 5SA note5

Notes:

1 - Equipment Group 1SA available on all models.

2 - Available on Crew Cab T*10*43 and Double Cab T*10753 models.

3 - Available on Double Cab T*10753 models.

4 - Available on 4WD Crew Cab TK10*43 and 4WD Double Cab TK10753 models.

5 - Available on Crew Cab T*10*43 models.

Just now, Cpl_Punishment said:

GM Canada's build and price site shows at least 50 of them in my area. Someone I doubt we would have gotten them before the U.S. (if that's where you are).

Canada does sometimes get option packages / configurations that are not offered in the USA.

31 minutes ago, rkj__ said:

Canada does sometimes get option packages / configurations that are not offered in the USA.

True but I'd be surprised that we'd get the crew cab version of an entire trim level and the U.S. wouldn't. Are these trucks coming out of Mexico? Surely your dealership could push one off a railcar before it finished its journey. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

My local dealership here in Canada has 20 or more crew cab elevations. Canada only thing.

I think we're getting hosed. Elevation seems like the cheapest way to get bucket seats but you can actually get an SLT with similar options for essentially the same price.  

Edited by Cpl_Punishment

I think we're getting hosed. Elevation seems like the cheapest way to get bucket seats but you can actually get an SLT with similar options for essentially the same price.  

The Elevation package could be had for a nice low price on the K2 trucks, since it could be added to the base trim level. A T1 Elevation has a much higher starting price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, rkj__ said:

The Elevation package could be had for a nice low price on the K2 trucks, since it could be added to the base trim level. A T1 Elevation has a much higher starting price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, for at least it’s first year or two, the K2 Elevation was pretty stripped. WT interior. I think it was also double cab only at that time. Then they opened it up to be available in SLE trim, and in a crew cab.

T1 Elevation is basically SLE trim right out the gate, which is a shame because GMC doesn’t really have a lower cost appearance package like the Silverado Custom or Custom TB anymore.

I would imagine they will add the CC for the US a year or two in just like they did in the K2. But is it worth waiting for? Probably not.