Midlevel to Premium Cluster Swap?

The only disappointment that I have in the interior of the 2019 would be the new DIC which GM has adopted on these trucks. The loss of functionality and overall appearance of the mid-level cluster DIC over the previous generation trucks is surprising. Originally I had been looking at buying a Denali before I decided to be more reasonable and go with a well equipped Silverado RST - but the one thing I am really going to miss is the uplevel gauge cluster.

I know it's been done on previous generation trucks - but does anyone know if it is possible and what all is entailed with swapping the High Country/LTZ Upgrade cluster into an RST (just an install and a flash?)

I would assume the price would be heinous as well, but at least want to know if it is possible before I go down that road.

I was actually looking at both an RST and LTZ silverado today.  The gauge cluster is the same on the RST and LTZ.  However, the High Country does indeed have an upgraded cluster.  Looks more like the cluster in my ZL1 Camaro.

But, from what I observed today, the cluster in the RST and LTZ are the same.

4 hours ago, steveved said:

I was actually looking at both an RST and LTZ silverado today.  The gauge cluster is the same on the RST and LTZ.  However, the High Country does indeed have an upgraded cluster.  Looks more like the cluster in my ZL1 Camaro.

But, from what I observed today, the cluster in the RST and LTZ are the same.

LTZ gets the same cluster as the HC, if it has the technology package. I have it. Same goes for the AT4 getting the Denali cluster with tech package.

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Like 1

Ah, IF it has the technology package.  Here is the LTZ that I looked at over the weekend:  https://www.hendrickgmsouthpoint.com/VehicleDetails/new-2019-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-LTZ-Durham-NC/3370695253

It has the same cluster as the red hot RST I looked at.  Good to know that it is package dependent. 

53 minutes ago, steveved said:

Ah, IF it has the technology package.  Here is the LTZ that I looked at over the weekend:  https://www.hendrickgmsouthpoint.com/VehicleDetails/new-2019-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-LTZ-Durham-NC/3370695253

It has the same cluster as the red hot RST I looked at.  Good to know that it is package dependent. 

I was gonna say that’s a really good price for an LTZ CC...but looking at it, it has literally no option packages at all (except the dealer add-ons). 

Kinda rare to see that, dealers don’t usually bring those in. If it had a 6.2 instead of the overpriced wheels, that thing would sell in a day I bet.

Edited by OnTheReel