"Service Rear Vision System" on screen [POSSIBLE RESOLUTION]

Adding to this thread. 2019 LTZ and backup camera BSOD, first time seeing this error. Started the truck an hour later and it worked again. I'm outta warranty 41000+ miles so I hope this is a one off occurrence.  

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but we ran into the same problem on my 17 year old daughter's 2019 Chevy Blazer (blue screen). She went to settings on the screen and clicked reset to factory settings and everything was back to normal. Quick fix, but we will be contacting the dealership to see if they can determine root cause if it happens again. 

• 3 months later...

So I just had the same issue with the back up camera on my 2019 GMC Terrain. Bought it used 2 months ago with ~50K and it happens just a few days over the "60 days" lemon law period... UGH! I've read other posts that mention that it's the "camera module". Other refer to a NHTSA bulletin. And the most recent mentioned factory reset... Any thoughts of the best option to try? Factory reset might be the easiest, then just need to reconnect phone, etc.

Edited by Michael Graeber

On 8/8/2021 at 10:23 PM, MrsOwens said:

I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but we ran into the same problem on my 17 year old daughter's 2019 Chevy Blazer (blue screen). She went to settings on the screen and clicked reset to factory settings and everything was back to normal. Quick fix, but we will be contacting the dealership to see if they can determine root cause if it happens again. 

Hi, So Thanks for posting this... So I just had the same "blue screen" issue with the back up camera on my 2019 GMC Terrain. Bought it used 2 months ago with ~50K and it happens just a few days over the "60 days" lemon law period... UGH! I've read other posts that mention that it's the "camera module". Other refer to the NHTSA bulletin...  And now your reset factory settings option. Seems the easiest. Question(s) After the Factory reset, did you notice anything different? Did you just need to re-connect phones, etc?

On 12/7/2021 at 10:13 PM, Michael Graeber said:

Hi, So Thanks for posting this... So I just had the same "blue screen" issue with the back up camera on my 2019 GMC Terrain. Bought it used 2 months ago with ~50K and it happens just a few days over the "60 days" lemon law period... UGH! I've read other posts that mention that it's the "camera module". Other refer to the NHTSA bulletin...  And now your reset factory settings option. Seems the easiest. Question(s) After the Factory reset, did you notice anything different? Did you just need to re-connect phones, etc?

On 8/8/2021 at 10:23 PM, MrsOwens said:

Hi MrsOwens, After you did a reset to factory settings did this problem - issue with the backup camera happen again? Was going to do the reset this weekend and just wondering how it's going with you 3 months later. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 10:35 PM, Steve Martin said:

Very nice of you.  I actually got GM customer service involved fairly quickly on mine, but frustrated that the only thing you could do is try and contact my dealer and get someone to look at the issue.  I can contact the dealer to have them look at it.  If only I could talk to someone knowledgeable at GM about the issue, a tech maybe, who has first hand knowledge of the blue screen issue and see what they've been seeing on this.  I have suspicions as I'm a software tech support level 2 rep for my company and troubleshoot stuff like this every day.  But it's either all a hush hush secret that could result in a safety recall or something or nobody at GM actively knows what is happening here.

Frustrating for sure.  They're ordering a wiring harness for my truck which is on backorder, but I don't expect it to solve the issue.  I think they are spitballing either to delay for more testing or to delay past the warranty.  Next when that doesn't work, they'll replace a different component in the system and do a bit more diagnosing between the dealership tech and the GM tech...  Sigh.  

Hi Steve, I've had the same issue here. A GM customer service person got involved quickly too, but other than a string of emails back and forth with me being the middle man between the dealership and customer service, not sure how much help they are going to be? Did you get this issue fixed?

• 4 months later...

RESOLVED - I removed the inside cover panel of the bed gate to access the wiring and found the plug to the camera system had been disconnected.   Reconnected the plug and the camera system is working perfectly.   It's been about a week with no issues.   

20220502_184426.jpg

20220502_184636.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...