"Service Rear Vision System" on screen [POSSIBLE RESOLUTION]

I will of course be headed back to the dealer for service, but after driving my new truck home tonight - I noticed that when I put it in reverse, I get a message on the screen about "Service Rear Vision System."  Anyone seen this?

Edited by bcato
updated to actually error message

I have an appt for 0700 saturday morning for the dealer to check it out.   It had 5 miles on it when I picked it up, I too feel like this should have been noticed/taken care of before I took delivery.

On 2/28/2019 at 6:36 PM, OnTheReel said:

Hopefully it was just an isolated incident. I’ve heard of a few people having it but it doesn’t seem like a widespread, recurrent problem.

I went out tonight with intentions of getting a photograph to post in this thread for future reference for other owners, but it did not do it again.  Saw it twice the night I drove it home.   Tonight I drove around for 10 minutes or so, tried several times and never saw the message again - so I don't know.   I believe I will take it on in to the dealer tomorrow and have them check software versions, etc.  

Mine only did it twice, when I took the truck in for the 30 day check up I mentioned it to the service writer and he knew what I was referring to and told me there was a software update for that and they would do it while I was there. Hasn’t happened since, it’s been over a month. 

Apparently it’s a skeleton service crew at my dealer on Saturdays that mainly focus on oil changes. They did find a connector in the back cameras that was unseated. They applied dielectric grease and seated it. Will watch and revisit if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mine did the same thing. Took it in and reinstalled the software. Well, it did it again so it has been at the dealer for 3 weeks. They have had it longer than me now. They brought in a field manager and he said there is a module and cable that didn’t seat well so they are replacing both. Problem is it is so new there are no cables available so they don’t have a timeframe on the repair. 3 weeks and still waiting.

That stinks.   I dropped mine off this morning and have a loaner in the meantime.   It does it about twice per week, totally unpredictable.   I can hit the home button and it goes away of course, but go select the camera and its back again.   Only once did I really want to use it (down at a fishing hole) and I could not make it work.   I'll let them keep it about a week, then I'll just take it home put up with it a while.  I have not had the software worked on, maybe they'll try that first.   Will update this thread with more info. 

Got it back from the dealer yesterday morning.   They claim to have fixed it - found a couple of codes.   I notice a couple of other recalls/campains performed on it.  See below.   Interesting.

2019032718532311-IMG_8502-M.jpg

• 1 month later...

Mine had all recall and software updates supposedly taken care of last week..6600 miles and screen says....service rear vision system ... which stops all camera assist including all around and front cameras.