Is installing a TRAIL BOSS levelling kit on LTZ

Options for Success Chris:

Buy a Sierra AT4 to get your 6.2   :gmc:

Buy a Silverado LTZ w/6.2 and Max Tow, then order a Trail Boss 2" Lift Kit ($1295)…... clean out the garage/stock the beer fridge and get to wrenching :thumbs:

Kit won’t work with NHT

1672dbe8717e787b48afbca2ac20aece.jpg

Ryan B.

So will the kit bolt on or not bolt on to an LTZ with trailer/max (with the 3.42 gears) towing package, or is it just not recommended? 
I don't see why it wouldn't bolt on. They are probably more concerned with the shock tuning and getting rid of the 2" rear high rake that's there down to a ~1" . All of your suspension components are the same in the rear except for the added block and shocks .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Supposedly the rear springs are “heavier duty” but I’m not sure what that entails. Beyond that it probably comes down to liability and diminished towing capacity making the original NHT ratings unsafe or inaccurate after install.

I would say for sure the warranty on the parts would be gone. Installing them on an NHT would give GM an easy “out” on that. 

5 hours ago, Chris walker said:

YEP! I think this ^^^ is on its way. I think the ZR2 has shown that it can be done. I also realize they have to have some tricks up their sleeves when the model starts getting long in the tooth. Im thinking we have 3-4 years before we see this^^^.  Cant wait!

Anyone know what wheels those are ?

1 hour ago, Ben Berkenpas said:

Rough country has a kit that lifts the front 3" and 1.5" in the back. Only cost $700 and looks pretty simple to install. Way cheaper than the gm kit and actually levels the truck. 

Ben , my dealer isn't crazy about using this kit....says top ball joint don't last...just sayin!     GH

3 minutes ago, goose hunter said:

Ben , my dealer isn't crazy about using this kit....says top ball joint don't last...just sayin!     GH

That may be. I honestly know nothing about this lift. I do know that Rough Country lifts are usually on the cheaper end both in price and quality. But it may be an option for someone looking for a cosmetic look that doesn't really use it off road.