33s to 35s. Slug much?

I ordered my wheels(22s OEM) .   Now which size tire.  I can do 35s, but dont want to slow it down even more.  So how bad is it going to be if I go to 33s?  Can a tuner make it up.  Not worried about gas mileage.

What motor do you have? Are you currently running a 33 inch heavy ply/mud tire? I went from the stock size to a 295/60R20 toyo mt 10 ply which is somewhere around a 34.5 inch tire. It was noticeable in how it performs now. 5.3l with stock 3.42 gearing. I'd would say if your coming from 33s to 35s you wouldn't notice much. Regearing would definitely help. No input on tuners..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

So I have the 5.3.  I'm on stockers(31?). I'll need 33s minimum, just dont want to slug my truck out.  I added 35s to a Jeep Rubi and it killed acceleration. The 5.3 is no rocket already.  So I'll be going stock to 33s or 35s.  I wont regear. 

29 minutes ago, big papa said:

So I have the 5.3.  I'm on stockers(31?). I'll need 33s minimum, just dont want to slug my truck out.  I added 35s to a Jeep Rubi and it killed acceleration. The 5.3 is no rocket already.  So I'll be going stock to 33s or 35s.  I wont regear. 

I thought it was pretty quick stock. Just my opinion. If you're worried about being sluggish bigger tires without gears aren't the answer. It's going to happen to any vehicle. Like I said though it gets and goes just fine with the 6spd

5 minutes ago, big papa said:

I came from this...  

19402202_1331018970280590_5848122972212957464_o.jpg

Well you're on a truck forum buddy. For a truck it's pretty quick stock. A few bolt ons and other mods and it'll smoke a stock 5.0. But that's not the point. Between 33 or 35 or being slow I'd recommend looking at tires that aren't LT aka heavy. My old truck had a set of Terra Grapplers that were called P tires. They aren't super heavy duty like a LT but they're almost significantly lighter. Weight is everything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DominatorZ71 said:

Well you're on a truck forum buddy. For a truck it's pretty quick stock. A few bolt ons and other mods and it'll smoke a stock 5.0. But that's not the point. Between 33 or 35 or being slow I'd recommend looking at tires that aren't LT aka heavy. My old truck had a set of Terra Grapplers that were called P tires. They aren't super heavy duty like a LT but they're almost significantly lighter. Weight is everything.

Weight and diameter.  If Op is happy with 33's, then definitely these would be less taxing on performance than 35's.  You can actually buy good looking and high performing tires at stock height and weight classification.  Bigger, heavier tires create an aggressive and strong looking truck but the irony is that  bigger tires rob performance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DominatorZ71 said:

I hope you are talking about the truck and not the Mustang. At first I thought mustang and thought you can't be serious. Then I remembered the trucks can get the 5.0 too. 

Tyler

• Like 1

I hope you are talking about the truck and not the Mustang. At first I thought mustang and thought you can't be serious. Then I remembered the trucks can get the 5.0 too. 

Tyler
Well I was originally talking about the truck however a built truck can beat a built Mustang if done right. Of course with mode than just "bolt ons"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've got a 2018 LTZ crew cab with the 6.2 max tow 3.42. I went from stock 275/55/20's to  285/60/20 Toyo RT's. That's a 33.5", 62 Lb. tire.  I could definitely feel a difference in take off power after the tires.. I enjoy the performance of the truck too much to go 35's and kill the power even more. Just wish they would have kept the 3.73 ratio in the max tows.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big papa said:

I may do 285/55r22s.   34.3x11.2.     Makes sense since the OEMs are only 9.  

Lot of people here running that size with a 2" level and stock wheels.