Will this work? Tail gate led light bar and reverse LED pods

Okay so this is what I want to do. I want to add a LED tailgate light bar to my truck (https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F143058336768) and eventually add LED pods or small flush mount LED light bars to my rear bumper for additional reverse lights. 

When I had my RAM I did just this and ended up splicing the reverse pods lights into the trailer harness reverse wire so that I wouldnt have to run a relay and wouldnt over load the harness. I also pulled my power and ground from that. The led tailgate bar I plugged the 4 prong trailer plug into the trailer plug on my truck and then spliced the reverse wire into the pods/ trailer harness reverse light. I never had any issues and everything worked fine. Not flicker, no lights out and nothing on the dash. Pulled a trailer a few times with no issue. 

Now that I've done it once I loved the look and function however I think I can do it more cleanly by thinking outside the box a little. 

So this is my idea. I want to but a pre wired 7 pin trailer plug (https://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Hopkins/HM20041.html?feed=npn&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-8PjBRCWARIsADc18TKwfJwMnNjlXw8cRo6NEmDMNCb0NN3THv_EME90hbZ6KXRYoZS0sdQaAs7lEALw_wcB) like that one. This will plug right into my factory 7 pin trailer harness. Instead of cutting on the trailer harness I could cut the 4 pin plug off. Hardwire those to the 7 pin harness and wire in the reverse pod lights to the 7 pin plug also. The 7 pin has a reverse light power, tail lights turn signal, ground, and even an auxiliary hot all the time wire. If I am thinking correctly this would work perfectly. The truck would just think it's trailer lights plugged in instead of extra juice. I heard these Silverado have issues with external power being spliced in. Also allows me to change out the pod lights and tailgate bars as they go bad or burn out without having to cut the factory harness. 

Also this gives me an option if I ever wanted to add bed lights (dont have them from factory) or really any other type of accessory to the trailer harness simply by splicing into the auxiliary/ ground and adding a switch to not drain my battery. 

So thoughts on this? Am I onto something here? Or would this be a disaster?

why? just go to a cheap place like harbor freight or online and get matching connector for your plug slide under truck and hard wire it into that then you get a nice plug that is unseen under the truck and it is the cheapest, cleanest, and easiest way. but pack the plug with electric grease anyways.

Pin out diagrams are available or meter them out. 

I want that light with all the read and orange leds removed and all white. just reverse! Can't find one. 

Should work fine. U could also do a add a circuit to the cargo light fuse to run ur pods in the bumper. I have my aftermarket bed lights powered this way. Then i did the reverse light on with cargo light diode trick. When i unlock my doors at night my cargo light, bed lights, and reverse lights allcome on. They all come on when i put it in reverse also. 

26 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

why? just go to a cheap place like harbor freight or online and get matching connector for your plug slide under truck and hard wire it into that then you get a nice plug that is unseen under the truck and it is the cheapest, cleanest, and easiest way. but pack the plug with electric grease anyways.

Pin out diagrams are available or meter them out. 

I want that light with all the read and orange leds removed and all white. just reverse! Can't find one. 

The goal is to not hack the factory wiring harness. When I sold my RAM the dealer didnt look too in depth otherwise I think they would have had a serious issue with it. Plus I have an extended warranty and hacking up wiring sounds like a good way to cause trouble. 

27 minutes ago, Racindave said:

Should work fine. U could also do a add a circuit to the cargo light fuse to run ur pods in the bumper. I have my aftermarket bed lights powered this way. Then i did the reverse light on with cargo light diode trick. When i unlock my doors at night my cargo light, bed lights, and reverse lights allcome on. They all come on when i put it in reverse also. 

Okay that's what I was going for. Would it work or not. I looked on Google and amazingly not one person has done it. 

What do you mean by add a circuit? Like run a separate power and ground to the rear and make a fuse box?

1 minute ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

OK then buy those wires and depin that wire. Build a. Harness that plug and plays.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Another issue I had with my ram which may not be a factor on the silverado was there was not much slack in the wires and I may have had issues reconnecting it straight up if it came to that 

I don't know your hand Ness level but the pins can be bought and or go to junk yard and cut a harness out the back of any truck. Un pin the ones you need and plug into a connector. Requires research and skill but cheap and nothing is cleaner. 

As said if I find a all white with that many lights I would buy it and build a harness. 

I'm pretty great mechanically. Electrical is decent. I can wire relays and other things. But dont tackled any major projects. i would consider this within my wheelhouse. Just do some cutting and rewiring. I just didnt know if what I had in my head would would in real life which is what I was needing clarification on especially since no one else seems to have done it this way 

Everyone seems to do the t connector harness and still splices the reverse into the factory harness