WHY? 4-6-8

SS502

I guess we have a draw...

The 5.0 in the Mustang is great and was (maybe still is) quicker than the 6.2 Camaro. I would say it’s a better sports car engine with a more “rev happy nature”...

The 6.2 in the Silverado is great and definitely a bit quicker than the 5.0 F150. I would say it’s a better truck engine with a flatter torque curve. Also, having a lower specific output almost always ensures a longer engine life, which is more important to truck buyers than any other group.

Bottom line is displacement and simple pushrod architecture is what makes for a great truck engine and even Ford would concede that with their newly released 7.3 pushrod V8. 

19 minutes ago, magnum74 said:

I heard you loud and clear. It's a twin turbo. What do you expect and why do you think they didn't continue with their own 6.2? They didn't build a twin turbo 6 to have less HP per liter than their own 6.2 let alone GM's 6.2.

If you can't handle a spirited discussion you should leave.

BTW, I'm happy I bought a truck built in Flint to support the US and North America. Don't let the door smack you on the way out.

Wow... We are not on the same page. Where do you live in devon, I'll be there in 2hrs. I'd give you the page number but I don't think you would find it...

5 minutes ago, M1ck3y said:

Wow... We are not on the same page. Where do you live in devon, I'll be there in 2hrs. I'd give you the page number but I don't think you would find it...

What does this even mean? Are you making a threat? Sure sounds like it.

8 minutes ago, magnum74 said:

What does this even mean? Are you making a threat? Sure sounds like it.

Ok, well I rest my case... You wouldn't find the page.

I'm stating that I'm Canadian. And I wasn't sure if you were playing stupid or you really didn't get what I was talking about.

*Edit*

And in case you didn't get that. I AM NOT MAKING A THREAT... I don't know any other way to say that, any clearer. I believe the authorities will be able interpret it, if you feel the need to contact them.

Edited by M1ck3y

14 minutes ago, M1ck3y said:

Ok, well I rest my case... You wouldn't find the page.

I'm stating that I'm Canadian. And I wasn't sure if you were playing stupid or you really didn't get what I was talking about.

*Edit*

And in case you didn't get that. I AM NOT MAKING A THREAT... I don't know any other way to say that, any clearer. I believe the authorities will be able interpret it, if you feel the need to contact them.

Your wording was not at all obvious with it's intent but no, I wasn't planning to get the RCMP involved. They're probably doing something else tonight, anyway lol

Probably a good time to bury the hatchet and move on, I think.  :thumbs:

You need to read my post again. I am not embarrassed by my 6.2; and no where did I say I was making a comparison between the ecoboost and the l86.

What I said is embarrassing is that ford can make an f150 5.0 with... +400 hp/tq? Higher in the mustang I'm sure... And gm needs 6.2 litres to pull out in front of that. I could be very wrong but I think the 5.0 in the mustang makes 420hp, 460tq. Obviously different rpm ranges/curve, engine tech , application, but peak numbers are peak numbers.

With that being said, I will say it again. I don't want an f150 or a 5.0. I love the 6.2 wish I had the extra cash to get my headers on it, tune it, cam it... and heads.

I was comparing power output to the number of litres it takes to get the job done.

Oh, and this is the only forum I visit. But with the number of idiot's on here really thinking about discontinuing it... Especially because of Canadian idiots.

Don’t drop out, believe me, I’ve dealt with major trash idiots but eventually filter through the riff raff. Learn and teach is what it’s all about. Ford Mustang GT is 460HP and 420 Torque. The 2018Ford Coyote 5.0 is 395HP and 400 torque.

Sent from above

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, M1ck3y said:

You need to read my post again. I am not embarrassed by my 6.2; and no where did I say I was making a comparison between the ecoboost and the l86.

What I said is embarrassing is that ford can make an f150 5.0 with... +400 hp/tq? Higher in the mustang I'm sure... And gm needs 6.2 litres to pull out in front of that. I could be very wrong but I think the 5.0 in the mustang makes 420hp, 460tq. Obviously different rpm ranges/curve, engine tech , application, but peak numbers are peak numbers.

With that being said, I will say it again. I don't want an f150 or a 5.0. I love the 6.2 wish I had the extra cash to get my headers on it, tune it, cam it... and heads.

I was comparing power output to the number of litres it takes to get the job done.

Oh, and this is the only forum I visit. But with the number of idiot's on here really thinking about discontinuing it... Especially because of Canadian idiots.

6 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Don’t drop out, believe me, I’ve dealt with major trash idiots but eventually filter through the riff raff. Learn and teach is what it’s all about. Ford Mustang GT is 460HP and 420 Torque. The 2018Ford Coyote 5.0 is 395HP and 400 torque.

Sent from above

@TXGREEK is the winner!

5.0L TI-VCT V8

This legendary Ford V8 with 10-speed transmission delivers all the muscle you need plus best-in-class* payload. Experience robust 395 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque, courtesy of twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT), as well as the Ford port-fuel and direct-injection (PFDI) system with two injectors per cylinder — one in the air intake port, another inside the cylinder — to increase power and efficiency.

• Like 1

GM 6.2 is 420/460

Ford 5.0 is 395/400

We are discussing TRUCKS are we not???

Both engines are impressive, so I’d say there is no reason to trash either one. Support whatcha have or wanna have but no reason to take a thread and go into a pissin contest. You know who you are so keep the hatchet buried :thumbs:

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 7:10 PM, M1ck3y said:

Completely different engine tech, but its embarrassing that an engine with1.2 litres less displacement, isn't far behind. Guess gm should be thankful ford didn't make a new gen 6.2...

Your statement might hold water if you were referring to the Ford 5.0 having better numbers then the GM 5.3 because it does. The Ford 5.0 is a good engine, sonis the GM 5.3 but to compare the 5.0 to the 6.2 and even suggest they are close in numbers is a little confusing. Now I will say (and I own a 6.2) that I’ve been in a Raptor and the truck is a screamer...both down the road and in your ears. If I was deaf, I’d probably enjoy the Raptor more but I’m not so the sound of my 6.2 coming out the Borla tailpipes is my drug of choice.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Ford puts the 5.0 in most trims, GM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think GM should make the 6.2 available as an option in every single truck they make...I would love a single cab short bed with a 6.2 and I’d throw the warranty out the window!!

• Like 1

That wasn’t their beef lol but I hear ya!

I mention it whenever I can, hoping GM is watching. I can picture Grumpy getting a 6.2 reg cab. Instead of fuel mileage, we’ve be reading about elapsed time in the 1/4 mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

I think GM should make the 6.2 available as an option in every single truck they make...I would love a single cab short bed with a 6.2 and I’d throw the warranty out the window!!

But then everyone will have one and it’ll be Chaos!!

Sent from above