Anyone have any PICS of Stock '17 Inch Wheels with All Terrains...

I may have missed a thread on this and if so I apologize... but has anyone left the stock 17's on their truck and put 33 or 34's All Terrain or MTires on em with a leveling kit... and if so would anyone want to share any pics?  Debating on leaving these on or just going with aftermarket 20's... Thanks in advance!! 

2 hours ago, pianoman0123 said:

I may have missed a thread on this and if so I apologize... but has anyone left the stock 17's on their truck and put 33 or 34's All Terrain or MTires on em with a leveling kit... and if so would anyone want to share any pics?  Debating on leaving these on or just going with aftermarket 20's... Thanks in advance!! 

There are only two different 17" wheels available for the T1 Sierra, one being a silver painted steel WT wheel, RPO RD6 and RPO Q5U which is a silver painted aluminum wheel. Which one do you have? 

My last Sierra had 18" wheels, my (new) one has 20" wheels, I wish I still had the 18's because the truck was so much smoother. If you pound pavement 95% of the time I would go with 20's they look good, and are stiff sidewalls it really helps these trucks handle well on pavement. If you have rough roads, do a lot of off-roading, or live in a snowy area you may want to stick to the OEM 17" or go to an aftermarket 18" wheel. 

20" wheels collect a lot more snow, your brakes heat this snow and create ice easily that acts like a massive wheel weight throwing your tires out of balance and makes the truck shake until you pressure wash out the ice. This is severely mitigated by a 17-18" wheel in snowy/cold climates if applicable. 

18" tires will be much cheaper than 20" tires, and 17" is starting to become more and more rare so you will see 17" tires cost more than 18" tires soon enough. You will also lose a considerable amount of gas mileage going from a 17" wheel to a heavy 20" wheel and larger 10 ply tire. I lost 2-3mpg with my 6.2L going to a 33" tire I would expect a 3-4mpg loss with a 5.3L. Just some things to consider. Here is a picture of my old 2010 on 18's vs my 2015 on stock 20's (I know you want T1 picks but there aren't many T1's on 17" wheels) I wish I could have got the stock snowflake wheels in a 18". Now I have experience with 20" I will try to avoid them in the future based on my findings. Let us know what you decide to do. 

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg