Alarm after remote start cycle

This winter the alarm started going off after a remote start cycle ends.  When the car shuts off (after remote start cycle ends) there will be about a 30 second delay and then the alarm starts going off.  I mentioned it to the dealer service and they suggested trying a different FOB before they started digging into it. They obviously had not heard of the problem before. I tried a different FOB and it made no difference.  I have searched the internet and haven't seen anyone else mention this problem.  I don't have a lot of faith in the service at the dealer, so I am wondering if anyone has any ideas?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2019 Yukon Denali, and it’s horn starts honking for no reason. Tonight In was standing next to my truck with the door closed, key in my hand and fob hanging from the key ring, for no reason at all, the horn started blaring. Not honk honk honk, but just constant. Wouldn’t stop with me pushing buttons on the remote fob, I had to unlock the door and start it. I left the engine on and Door open as I talked to my employee, and the engine shut off, and horn started blaring again. I had to restart it to get it to stop. The other day it did the same thing but it also would honk when I turned the wheel with the engine and moving forward. It didn’t do it since Sunday so I figured it was  a random issue, but after tonight, I’m going to dealer in morning and letting them sort it out.. trust me if they say they can’t duplicate the problem, I’m not picking the truck back up. 

• 2 months later...

Alright guys.. problem solved. rear defroster plug wasnt making connection. its part of the alarm system as if someone broke your rear glass.

so anyone having this issue its to do with one of the defroster tabs falling off which is pretty common, fix it and the alarm issue goes away.. i just did it and over 50 remote starts with the issue and now its gone!

• 10 months later...