BCM program to turn off “bulb out detection” on 1500?

Hello all. 

Has anyone had the dealer update their BCM on a 1500 to remove the bulb out detection system that causes the hyperflash?

I was told they could on 2500 and 3500 but couldn’t on a 1500. 

I found this online which states the same I think (if I’m reading it right)

https://gm.oemdtc.com/4610/07-08-42-006m-information-on-available-bcm-calibrations-to-restore-bulb-outage-detection-on-vehicles-produced-by-a-second-stage-manufacturer-upfitter-turn-signals-flash-fast-after-factory-box-remo

But, I feel like I’ve seen where others had this done on a 1500, but coming up short in searching it. So any details would help! 

Im trying to put LED tail lights on my 2018 Silverado LT and really don’t want to add a bunch of resistors as I eventually want LED all the way around. 

Thank You!

-Robert

Only 2 people can tune the BCM, GM and Chris White media. GM will only flash the firmware in the BCM that is the current firmware in file, they dont allow the dealers any option to make custom changes in the BCM.

Chris White might be able to do it, but if he fixes it for you and you take the truck in for service and there are any GM updates for your truck that involve the BCM the dealer flash will overwrite your custom BCM firmware and then you will have to send it back to Chris White again.

Truck is not driveable while the BCM is out either.

• Like 1

Talked to the dealer and they said they can do it on my 1500, for $175.
So I guess its possible to do on a 1500. 

I was hoping for $100 or less though. HAHA

If you go to the dealer, double check they didn’t just add resistors and said they flashed something.

Not that I’m skeptical or anything... just jaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 8:05 AM, rah7777777 said:

I can’t imagine the dealer cutting and splicing in resistors, but you’re right! You never know!

I plan on calling a couple other dealers to see what they say. 

Let me know what they actually do if they do change the BCM for you.  I'm currently waiting for my Dealer to let me know if they're able to do it or not. 

I'd like to have a little more info to go back at them if they say they can't.

12 minutes ago, Darmichar said:

Let me know what they actually do if they do change the BCM for you.  I'm currently waiting for my Dealer to let me know if they're able to do it or not. 

I'd like to have a little more info to go back at them if they say they can't.

I haven’t tried any other dealers yet. 

I’ll have my truck in there soon to fix the door from getting broken into and that’s one of the things on my list for them to knock out at the same time. 

Edited by rah7777777

The reason they offer it on HDs is because they ship some as “incomplete vehicles”- without the bed for contractors and such to add utility bodies that may use a variety of lightning types. 

The 1500 may just not support it. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, MikeNH said:

The reason they offer it on HDs is because they ship some as “incomplete vehicles”- without the bed for contractors and such to add utility bodies that may use a variety of lightning types. 

The 1500 may just not support it. 

That's what my guy at the dealership was telling me this morning, that if it could be done it was because it had been done previously for up-fitters.  He said he was going to run it by the service manager who was out until Monday then reach out to Tech Support to see what could be done.

37 minutes ago, rah7777777 said:

Im 1/2 way expecting a BS reason as to why they couldn’t do it, when I pick it up though haha

I fully expect the same...