Specific AT4, Standard bed.

6 minutes ago, trobin1991 said:

Cause I am being super indecisive about short bed vs standard bed.....I am taking 1 day next week and just going to drive them...see how they feel. Also, I am still waiting on my tax return....I don't wanna talk numbers with a dealer until I have every penny for my downpayment. Its a good thought though....The deal would have to be good enough to justify the added headache of shipment/transfer of the vehicle across the country, if not, may just settle for the shorted thats local. 

I don't know.... settling when you're paying 50k plus? The cost and aggravation will be forgotten while your're driving what you want for years and not having to second guess your decision. It's really an easy process to buy from a distance, Fed Ex papers, Get a company like Plycar and it shows up at your door a few days / week later. Then you have exactly what you want. 

Just my .02

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

I don't know.... settling when you're paying 50k plus? The cost and aggravation will be forgotten while your're driving what you want for years and not having to second guess your decision. It's really an easy process to buy from a distance, Fed Ex papers, Get a company like Plycar and it shows up at your door a few days / week later. Then you have exactly what you want. 

Just my .02

Its a good thought, and something that I have not considered yet. I will for sure give them a call, once I get a standard bed here at my house and show myself it will fit in the garage......

1 minute ago, trobin1991 said:

5c6ad38e51bae_ScreenShot2019-02-17at7_52_12PM.thumb.png.678d8efb03ceb2bff228dcc7b0716a5c.pngThey are both sharp trucks

They are, and I have the short box myself but I think the truck looks better with the long box, looks like it has a stubby butt with the short box. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

They are, and I have the short box myself but I think the truck looks better with the long box, looks like it has a stubby butt with the short box. 

I actually think it looks better with the short box, but think I would get frustrated with space as I really wanna add the retrax tonneau cover, which is gonna chew up 10inches at the front on the bed......

Edited by trobin1991

2 hours ago, trobin1991 said:

I actually think it looks better with the short box, but think I would get frustrated with space as I really wanna add the retrax tonneau cover, which is gonna chew up 10inches at the front on the bed......

Have you looked into a different type of tonneau cover?  I have the Undercover Ultra Flex and it folds all the way up to a vertical position so you can use the entire bed of the truck.

20181105_164911.thumb.jpg.f364cdde1852edf6c5cd777fe123e6a7.jpg

9 hours ago, z1boss said:

Have you looked into a different type of tonneau cover?  I have the Undercover Ultra Flex and it folds all the way up to a vertical position so you can use the entire bed of the truck.

I have looked at those, only thing I don't love is how it blocks the entire back window when up, so you can't see your load?? How do you like it so far? Only other one I kinda likes the BAK revolver...But the big appeal with the retrax is the ability to stop at any position. 

8 hours ago, trobin1991 said:

I have looked at those, only thing I don't love is how it blocks the entire back window when up, so you can't see your load?? How do you like it so far? Only other one I kinda likes the BAK revolver...But the big appeal with the retrax is the ability to stop at any position. 

I personally love it so far.  I went from a standard hard tri-fold to the Ultra Flex and it is so much easier to open.  You literally pull down on a wire loop on either side (no need to pull both sides down) and you can open one fold at a time.  Even though it does block the rear window, I love the ability to use the entire bed and not just 2/3.  It also allows you to reach the front tie downs much easier.

1 hour ago, z1boss said:

I personally love it so far.  I went from a standard hard tri-fold to the Ultra Flex and it is so much easier to open.  You literally pull down on a wire loop on either side (no need to pull both sides down) and you can open one fold at a time.  Even though it does block the rear window, I love the ability to use the entire bed and not just 2/3.  It also allows you to reach the front tie downs much easier.

Can you unfold it part way, and lock it and drive? or is it an all or none deal?

Edited by trobin1991

2 minutes ago, trobin1991 said:

Can you unfold it part way, and lock it and drive? or is it an all or none deal?

First fold is pictured below.  The part that is flipped up does not lock in this position but the other 2 sections are locked in place.

20181105_164834.jpg

In this position, 2/3 of the bed is accessible and it is fully locked in place.

20181105_164845.jpg

In the flipped up position, 100% of the bed is accessible and it is fully locked.  I have driven with it upright at 75 mph with no issue or movement at all.

Just now, z1boss said:

First fold is pictured below.  The part that is flipped up does not lock in this position but the other 2 sections are locked in place.

20181105_164834.jpg

In this position, 2/3 of the bed is accessible and it is fully locked in place.

20181105_164845.jpg

In the flipped up position, 100% of the bed is accessible and it is fully locked.  I have driven with it upright at 75 mph with no issue or movement at all.

Cool! Thanks for the photos! So many pros and cons to all of them, but 100% bed usage is a big pro. 

• Like 1

Welp, went a drove a Short bed today....brought it to the house....By measurements of the garage, and measurements of the vehicle I should of have 1ft 1" to spare (Not including removal of the shelves on the back wall).....barleys had 4 inches total......Even with removal of the shelves, No way a standard bed is gonna fit. Short bed it is. Unfortunately, they wouldn't budge off 56k on price for the loaded AT4.....gonna wait it out.....I don't need all the cameras and stuff. Im gonna have to compromise somewhere to get a 2019, may just have to give up the 6.2 and HUD to get into a new vehicle. I could get a 2018 cheap, but the small backseat kills me a little inside. 

22 minutes ago, gbaker68 said:

What was the MSRP on that truck and was the $56K OTD or before TTL?

MSRP was 63k. This was before TTF.....The truck has more options than I want. Would really like to find a base AT4 with the 6.2, no other options and see what I could get it for. Gonna call around tomorrow, but if I can't get it for what I'm looking, may just do the base AT4 with the 5.3. After seeing the AT4 next to the SLT/denali, they just look like low riders now, and I can't get it out of my head.

Take a look at Howard Bentley in Alabama. They only have AT4s with the 5.3 but they were willing to do a dealer trade for me to get a 6.2. On a white 6.2 with MSRP of $63,700 they quoted me $54,500 OTD. That includes their dealer fees and SC sales tax capped at $500.