From F150 to Denali. (New member)

14 hours ago, SS502 said:

You got a dog or you have really bad gearing

15 minutes ago, Gagliano7 said:

Well there are only 2 choices of gears 3:42 or 3:23 i have the 3:23 gears.  My truck isn't a dog just stating a fact that his truck is faster.

Sad when a motor more than a liter smaller is faster and a 5.3 which is still bigger than the 5.0 has no chance.

10 minutes ago, Gagliano7 said:

Well i have a 6.2 and my friends 5.0 feels more torquey than mine. i was surprised with that.I am sure it is the 10 speed with 3:73 gears but his truck always feels like it wants to go. Ford did way better with the response of there gas pedal where are pedal feels sluggish until you really step on it.

Joe...assuming similar curb weights/configurations, it's hard to compare a 3:73 to a 3:23 equipped vehicle. I am 100% sure that's the difference you're feeling because the Ford 5.0 produces 395HP and 400LB-FT while the GM 6.2 is producing 420HP and 460LB-FT. Ford 0-60 times are 1/2 a second slower (C&D test times). That extra 1.2L is where the GM is getting the additional 25HP and 60LB-FT. With all things being equal, other than driver reaction time, there is little chance the 5.0 is going to beat the 6.2 Now it could be FASTER because the speed limiter keeps the GM to 100 or less, not sure on the Ford but no way can it be quicker if as mentioned all things are equal. I assume you have driven the Ford if you're saying the gas pedal response is better and it may very well be, but if I am going for maximum acceleration that pedal is going to the floor. You ain't gonna beat a Raptor (or the Raptor engine F-150) but you should have no problems beating the 5.0 Ford. The 6.2 reaches peak torque at a relatively modest 4100 RPM. I freely admit the Mustang is a 1/10 sec quicker than the Camaro but both of them have different versions of the referenced engines.

Joe...assuming similar curb weights/configurations, it's hard to compare a 3:73 to a 3:23 equipped vehicle. I am 100% sure that's the difference you're feeling because the Ford 5.0 produces 395HP and 400LB-FT while the GM 6.2 is producing 420HP and 460LB-FT. Ford 0-60 times are 1/2 a second slower (C&D test times). That extra 1.2L is where the GM is getting the additional 25HP and 60LB-FT. With all things being equal, other than driver reaction time, there is little chance the 5.0 is going to beat the 6.2 Now it could be FASTER because the speed limiter keeps the GM to 100 or less, not sure on the Ford but no way can it be quicker if as mentioned all things are equal. I assume you have driven the Ford if you're saying the gas pedal response is better and it may very well be, but if I am going for maximum acceleration that pedal is going to the floor. You ain't gonna beat a Raptor (or the Raptor engine F-150) but you should have no problems beating the 5.0 Ford. The 6.2 reaches peak torque at a relatively modest 4100 RPM. I freely admit the Mustang is a 1/10 sec quicker than the Camaro but both of them have different versions of the referenced engines.

Not to be a stick in the mud but.... Back in the day my father had a large construction co in New Jersey. It wasn’t uncommon for him to buy 3 or 4 identical vehicles to hand out to his brothers (job supervisors). They would line up, of course. One year it was SS elcaminos. There was always one faster than the other, my father got that one. They did the same thing when they brought new cars. Come out to the farm and race my father. Fun times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2019 at 2:55 PM, Gh-behnam said:

They have more room than 2018 but I think still is less than f150. I’m not sure exact number this is my own opinion owning both trucks. 

I sat in a 2018 F150 and I thought there was too much space in the back seat. They should shorten the cab and extend the bed a little bit. I haven't sat in a T1 yet. Only problem with the back seat of the K2 is that the seat is too low but lengthening the cab doesn't improve that on its own.

Frozen door latches. Small thing they can’t fix other than that nothing was wrong with it. They are nice but I like GMC more now [emoji4]
Funny you mention the frozen door latch issue. I have looked at about 30 2018 used F150s with under 10k miles on local dealer websites. Every single one of them the Carfax says bought at auction, and right before that is says manufacturer customer satisfaction program DOOR LATCH FREEZING CONCERNS.

I am thinking Ford would be smart enough not to auction these trucks to dealers in upstate NY where it is below freezing 4 months a year.723ef59afdde34811d476f7a701e0e3e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk