From F150 to Denali. (New member)

2 hours ago, Gagliano7 said:

My friend just bought a 2019 ford 5.0 4x4 3:73 gears 10 speed and that is faster than my 6.2. Sideways in 1st 2nd and chirped 3rd. I was also surprised how torquey it feels being such higher revving motor. The truck only had 150 miles on it when he took me for a ride.

Actually 5.0 is too slow, you should try V6 TT. That truck is faster than 6.2 but v8 6.2 feels way better to drive and sound good also. 

1 hour ago, Gh-behnam said:

Actually 5.0 is too slow, you should try V6 TT. That truck is faster than 6.2 but v8 6.2 feels way better to drive and sound good also. 

Too Slow ? 

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a16420807/2018-ford-f-150-50l-v-8-4x4-supercrew-review/

just a tad off the 6.2. In the heaviest platinum trim as well. Folks I know we all love our GM trucks here and so do i ( this is my 5th one ) but let’s not make comments that are not true. A little google search shows the motors all are very close. 

• Like 1

Seems like with trucks becoming more and more popular the spirit and demand for trucks they are sport oriented maybe growing. Lets face it you have many different buyers of trucks than say 25 years ago. To some it is a basic work tool. Others it gets them back and forth to work with a possible tow of camper or atv. Others never tow anything and are heavily luxury oriented for trucks so to speak. Still others lifts and tires and so on is their definition. My opinion there is no right and wrong . After all beauty is in the eye of the beholder son and you are paying the freight. As of model year 19 and the sport orientated truck . F-150 XL rcsb 5.0 coyote and you pick the gear. 2 wheel drive or 4...you pick the poison. Start there.

Exactly. They all damn good to me and are all very capable. F%^% brand loyalty. Go with what looks best to you and even more importantly what has best deals.  Brand loyalty reminds me of moron football fans fighting in the stands. Like for what ? You think players give a shit about you ? It’s like someone’s mom was killed or something. Grown ass men fighting for other grown ass men they never met. 

• Like 1

5.0 - 0-60 5.9

3.5 - 0-60 5.7

6.2 - 0-60 5.4

3.5 HO - 0-60 5.1

All Car & Driver figures from the last couple years testing upper trims in each model. All of these times are just insane for PICK UP TRUCKS! If you can drive a 5000lb+ vehicle that would beat up sports cars and even some supercars of years ago, it’s a great time to be a truck buyer.

The times are close enough between them all, that in the real world it would be a toss up who wins the theoretical race. 

I don’t think there are any wrong answers (except the Ram is which way slower than all of these).

On 2/15/2019 at 2:54 PM, EpicLT said:

LOL @mookdoc6 that is so true. My friends and I were talking about the Ford commercials and how there is too much going on in them to actually understand anything. They flood you with pictures to make it look good. 

I love that they used the Smokey and the Badit theme song (we all know the Bandit drove a GM) in their commercial featuring a boatload of Furds...

On 2/15/2019 at 7:34 PM, stevev said:

So they didn't fix the F150 frozen door latch, so that's constitutes it being a lemon???    There's been plenty of GM lemons too, especially first year 2014, so hopefully the trend doesn't continue on the new body 2019's.

I'm going back to F150, waiting to see what the new 2021 redesign looks like before I make my final decision.   Had a few F150's before without issue.  Same with my dad and brother all have newer F150's.  My 2014 Sierra needed a new radiator, I fixed some interior rattles myself, frame is getting pretty rusty, lousy shifting (fixed it with a tuner), and few other minor annoyances.  And it only has 28k miles on it so far, a pavement queen!

:seeya:

8 hours ago, Gagliano7 said:

My friend just bought a 2019 ford 5.0 4x4 3:73 gears 10 speed and that is faster than my 6.2. Sideways in 1st 2nd and chirped 3rd. I was also surprised how torquey it feels being such higher revving motor. The truck only had 150 miles on it when he took me for a ride.

You got a dog or you have really bad gearing

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gh-behnam said:

I watched a video with 2 ford identical trucks one V6 tt and one 5.0 and in the quarter mile the turbo one by a half a car. the 5.0 ain't that slow.

16 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

5.0 - 0-60 5.9

3.5 - 0-60 5.7

6.2 - 0-60 5.4

3.5 HO - 0-60 5.1

All Car & Driver figures from the last couple years testing upper trims in each model. All of these times are just insane for PICK UP TRUCKS! If you can drive a 5000lb+ vehicle that would beat up sports cars and even some supercars of years ago, it’s a great time to be a truck buyer.

The times are close enough between them all, that in the real world it would be a toss up who wins the theoretical race. 

I don’t think there are any wrong answers (except the Ram is which way slower than all of these).

I don't know why everybody fixates on one metric; 0 to 60. In a truck, torque is king, and the torque curve is far more important than a silly 0 to 60 time. That 6.2 is going to feel much more powerful during everyday/normal driving than the ford 5.0, because it IS more powerful. Torque comes on low and strong. Just because an engine can be wound up and scream it's way to 60 ... means absolutely nothing to me.

Edited by the wanderer

13 hours ago, SS502 said:

You got a dog or you have really bad gearing

Well there are only 2 choices of gears 3:42 or 3:23 i have the 3:23 gears.  My truck isn't a dog just stating a fact that his truck is faster.

Sad when a motor more than a liter smaller is faster and a 5.3 which is still bigger than the 5.0 has no chance.

7 minutes ago, the wanderer said:

I don't know why everybody fixates on one metric; 0 to 60. In a truck, torque is king, and the torque curve is far more important than a silly 0 to 60 time. That 6.2 is going to feel much more powerful during everyday/normal driving than the ford 5.0, because it IS more powerful. Torque comes on low and strong. Just because an engine can be wound up and scream it's way to 60 ... means absolutely nothing to me.

Well i have a 6.2 and my friends 5.0 feels more torquey than mine. i was surprised with that.I am sure it is the 10 speed with 3:73 gears but his truck always feels like it wants to go. Ford did way better with the response of there gas pedal where are pedal feels sluggish until you really step on it.

Edited by Gagliano7

20 hours ago, Gh-behnam said:

Yeah I didn’t mean to say it’s slow. It’s slower than V6 EcoBoost even my 6.2 is slower than v6 EcoBoost but not by much. As other people saying all trucks are kind of same on this days.