19 Factory Tire Size - Lift

I was looking at many of the LT Z71s (not the trail boss) and RSTs and most of them I am seeing come in the standard 265/65/18s size which is 31.6 inch diameter tire. If you get the same truck with the optional 20 inch rims, they come with 275/60/20s which is a 33 inch tire. So if you get the 20 inch rims (or 22s which are similar) with a 33 inch tire you are essentially getting a truck that will sit 1.4 inches higher. Edit: half that so 0.7 inches

So if you don't want to pay for the trail boss but want your truck a little higher, get the optional 20 inch rims.f2968eb2fdb1c53b9f2cc885bc28fa5f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Good catch! To be clear; 33” over 31” will net you a .7” higher truck for ground clearance (you have to half the diameter difference).
Haha. Yeah I am an engineer you would think I would be smart enough to catch that.

I did notice the 17 inch tires are 31.1 inches so that would give you close to an inch ground clearance with the 20 inch rims. Give or take.

Get the duratrac there a little bigger!1411e4d1ea0291765b70b3defe986d91.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have midnight edition duratracs on my 16 now. I think I'm ready for one regular all terrain tires again. The hum on the highway and the mpg hit just don't seem to justify how great the tires are to the eyes and dirt.