2 hours ago, NCPGMC said:

Not sure about all the tin foil hat stuff, but EE performing a "study" or even just a demonstration comparing two intakes (one from a vehicle with a cc and one without) being driven x amount of miles using the same gas, etc. would be helpful. Seems like that would be pretty simple to set up and do. I don't think that would cause a bunch of people to end up dead. Hell, Shell used to have a tv commercial running basically doing and saying the same thing about why their gas is better that other brands. I don't remember a bunch of people ending up dying mysterious deaths over that. It's called marketing, not some tinfoil hat Bilderberg, Bohemian Grove, conspiracy theory nonsense...

The problem with conspiracies is that you have to keep everyone silent.  This almost never works out.  I would find it surprising if someone was fitted with cement shoes over testing of catch cans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CSI-WALLEYE said:

The problem with conspiracies is that you have to keep everyone silent.  This almost never works out.  I would find it surprising if someone was fitted with cement shoes over testing of catch cans.

Yeah, lots of people "committing suicide" by shooting themselves in the back of the head hahaha...Big GM is rushing to silence all the catch can folks lol

• 7 months later...
On 1/30/2019 at 8:19 AM, paracutin said:

Yes, they are.  It is simply dishonest.  
You have changed the factory programmed operating parameters of your vehicle then you expect the manufacturer to pay for the repairs when something breaks.  I just don't understand how people cannot see how that is wrong.  Grumpy Bear told me ... do not put more money into your ride than your income can handle...  That means, be prepared to pay for repairs if you make mods that cause problems.  Tune your trans and it fails, the repair/replacement responsibility is YOURS.  Install a catch can that causes the rear main to go out - YOUR responsibility.  If you do not believe the mod you made caused the issue, by all means, fight it.  But if it did, put on your big boy pants and own it!

You sir, are an idiot.. a catch can isn’t a performance mod anyone would expect costing you $1000ish in repairs. If you have no idea what you’re talking about leave the convo to the knowledgeable people. Trans going out because of a tune I understand yes, that’s your fault.. but having to remove a trans to replace a rear main seal? I don’t see that as being a ‘foreseeable’ issue.. so your logic needs to be lubricated and stuck up your ass.

Edited by Barrywayne

You sir, are an idiot.. a catch can isn’t a performance mod anyone would expect costing you $1000ish in repairs. If you have no idea what you’re talking about leave the convo to the knowledgeable people. Trans going out because of a tune I understand yes, that’s your fault.. but having to remove a trans to replace a rear main seal? I don’t see that as being a ‘foreseeable’ issue.. so your logic needs to be lubricated and stuck up your ass.
Hey man for the sake of the conversation can you explain the rear main seal replacement procedure? I've always known it to have to drop the the trans to access the complete seal and clean and everything that need be.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Snowcamo said:

Hey man for the sake of the conversation can you explain the rear main seal replacement procedure? I've always known it to have to drop the the trans to access the complete seal and clean and everything that need be.

That is exactly what needs to be done in this situation as well. I just had my rear main seal blow out about 1 quart at once yesterday lol but that was my fault. I put an lt4 supercharger on and I capped the valve cover ports and was depending completely on my pcv system to evacuate the pressure with a catch can in line. Like I said, I did a short pull yesterday and heard a slight poof noise and looked under my truck and instantly had a qt laying on the pavement. I took the caps off of the valve covers and the leak is almost stopped. I’m pretty certain I’m just gonna say **** it and replace it though. My buddy is a very reputable mechanic around my area and he seems to believe if I just hook the valve covers back to vacuum the rear main should seal itself back up by the way the seals are designed. 

• Like 1

That is exactly what needs to be done in this situation as well. I just had my rear main seal blow out about 1 quart at once yesterday lol but that was my fault. I put an lt4 supercharger on and I capped the valve cover ports and was depending completely on my pcv system to evacuate the pressure with a catch can in line. Like I said, I did a short pull yesterday and heard a slight poof noise and looked under my truck and instantly had a qt laying on the pavement. I took the caps off of the valve covers and the leak is almost stopped. I’m pretty certain I’m just gonna say **** it and replace it though. My buddy is a very reputable mechanic around my area and he seems to believe if I just hook the valve covers back to vacuum the rear main should seal itself back up by the way the seals are designed. 
Right on. Cheers to forced induction!!! Its 50/50 and a chance you'll take not replacing the seal, but hey if it works... Id h
See if i could spray some solvent type degreaser and wash away the oil and monitor it. Im not sure what type of seal is used but odds are its made of neoprene. If so you'll 9xoutta 10 be good to go bud.

Oh btw pics of burnouts or it didn't happen lmao!

5 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Right on. Cheers to forced induction!!! Its 50/50 and a chance you'll take not replacing the seal, but hey if it works... Id h
See if i could spray some solvent type degreaser and wash away the oil and monitor it. Im not sure what type of seal is used but odds are its made of neoprene. If so you'll 9xoutta 10 be good to go bud.

Oh btw pics of burnouts or it didn't happen lmao!

Lmmfao I like your style brother!! I still need to get it to my tuner. I have the t-map sensor on the back of the s/c and the harness tucked under the s/c right now and have the stock map plugged in so I can drive it and work out all the bugs. But If I goose the pedal a little bit the assend gets a little loose, I know it’s gonna be a monster for what it is. Sounds cool as shit driving around that whine is something I’m not used to. I’m a turbo guy. (Btw I sprayed all up in the bell housing and all with brake cleaner) ??

• Like 1

Lmmfao I like your style brother!! I still need to get it to my tuner. I have the t-map sensor on the back of the s/c and the harness tucked under the s/c right now and have the stock map plugged in so I can drive it and work out all the bugs. But If I goose the pedal a little bit the assend gets a little loose, I know it’s gonna be a monster for what it is. Sounds cool as shit driving around that whine is something I’m not used to. I’m a turbo guy. (Btw I sprayed all up in the bell housing and all with brake cleaner) [emoji1689]
Nice! Glad your havin fun with your setup!

7 hours ago, Barrywayne said:

No one can foresee all of the possible consequences.  Not even you.  And I am hardly an idiot.  Name calling is easy when you know absolutely nothing about someone and you are sitting behind a keyboard.

1 hour ago, paracutin said:

No one can foresee all of the possible consequences.  Not even you.  And I am hardly an idiot.  Name calling is easy when you know absolutely nothing about someone and you are sitting behind a keyboard.

Before we start heading off in that direction, yes keyboard only because this is our only source of communication.. not trying to ‘act’ like a hardass by any means.. and it was name calling only because you said something idiotic so I called you an idiot. ??‍♂️ Your logic and comment that you made had no value. And you’re right nobody here knows you so stop saying idiotic shit or everyone is just going to take you for that... good night

Edited by Barrywayne
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Barrywayne said:

Before we start heading off in that direction, yes keyboard only because this is our only source of communication.. not trying to ‘act’ like a hardass by any means.. and it was name calling only because you said something idiotic so I called you an idiot. ??‍♂️ Your logic and comment that you made had no value. And you’re right nobody here knows you so stop saying idiotic shit or everyone is just going to take you for that... good night

All of my posts in this thread were in regards to, how removing mods that "could possibly" have caused a problem, when taking a vehicle in for warranty service is dishonest.  It simply is.  If you mod it - OWN it!

Grumpy said it best...

LOL!  You're worried about committing fraud toward the dealer?!  How noble of you!  The rest of us are worried about the dealers defrauding US!  ?

I find it interesting that ALL people hate being lied to but many of those same people don't mind lying.

This fella ridicules good behavior? Don't even know what to say to that. Especially since he seems truly proud of it.

He also indicates that it is his belief that 'rest of us' is in the majority. 

Don't look now but he is correct. 

Sad isn't it? 

Even if no one else noticed. If they did notice and didn't speak up then they, in principle agree with him. 

Again, Hats off! :thumbs:

2 hours ago, Jaychevy81 said:

Also if you don’t have them already get a set of traction bars it changes everything. I should have put them on from day 1!!!!!
fc34813cf428ce5ab1cfdae64b66debe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely need some traction bars, found that out yesterday lol 

• Like 1