57 minutes ago, SS502 said:

You are correct, it is not an external "can" system it is contained in the crank case assembly. However, the fact that they are addressing the whole oil separation issue makes me feel like I am doing something right by using my RXP system. I also find it ironic that they've been at it for a while now..."Considering the patent was originally filed over two years ago (in October of 2016), we believe that GM is looking to implement the proposed oil separation technology on a production engine at some point in the near future."

5 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Do you have a link to it?

Sent from above

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/01/gm-patents-innovative-new-integrated-oil-separator-assembly/

• Like 1

Where do you live? I've been going back and forth on installing a catch can. I live in Missouri where temps can get cold, but it's rare to hit sub zero and even below freezing doesn't last for long.
Central Alaska, so -30 -40 to -60. So you can say more on the extreme side of cold every year for throughout the winter season.
  • Thanks 1

The fact the federal government had to step in to ensure customers are getting the correct warranty coverage is proof you can't trust the dealer/manufacturer. For your reading pleasure....

Under the Magnuson-Moss Act, a dealer must prove, not just vocalize, that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage. If the dealer cannot prove such a claim — or it proffers a questionable explanation — it is your legal right to demand compliance with the warranty. The Federal Trade Commission administers the Magnuson-Moss Act and monitors compliance with warranty law.

• Like 3

On 1/30/2019 at 7:18 AM, 14SierraZ71 said:

I have another question because blackbear has yet to respond to me...will I need a retune after removing the catch can and putting the stock pcv back on? My gut tells me no because the pcv system never went away completely it was just filtered with the can. But what do you guys think?

Bump

16 minutes ago, 14SierraZ71 said:

Bump

I would think not because as you said, the PCV was still working just bEing filtered through a well respected Catch can that others use all the time without a tune. However, I am very ignorant on how this tuning works. I would ask @1SLOW1500 and get his input, he know a lot about tuning.

Awesome thank you!
If you don't mind. Can you send me your info and Vin number in private message I want to see what it says. I want to look it up.
Not to start a "shit show" but this should be covered. I would like to know mods and how the can was hooked up. The can can't ever add pressure but it can block it if the check valves are backwards or damaged. I believe never enough to blow a main seal. Blow bye yes and knock sure. But a seal out...no hard to believe. I would demand pictures of everything.
Make sure you get in writing everything you can. The dealer can retype the claim and send it to gm and it says whatever then gm denied it based on things you didn't see.

And fact is the can does not simply void your warranty. They would have to say/show the blocked line from the valley cover. And then write the claim that way. Gm is almost a 3rd party you deal with dealer they call a person and talk and a decision is made. Dealer then tells it was gms call and no. Well not so fast was the the local rep for service and what's the next step?
I can't say more in forum but there is so much missing here. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2019 at 6:18 AM, 14SierraZ71 said:

I have another question because blackbear has yet to respond to me...will I need a retune after removing the catch can and putting the stock pcv back on? My gut tells me no because the pcv system never went away completely it was just filtered with the can. But what do you guys think?

No you will not require a new tune IMO. The airflow change is mostly at idle and it's still air being measured by the MAF sensor. 

Edited by HondaHawkGT

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2019 at 10:54 AM, Elite Engineering said:

No.  Other than emptying the contents, they are pretty maintenance free.

Why has your company not performed a study where you demonstrate that a catch can reduces the amount of deposits on valves?  Or if you have performed this type of study can you share it?

8 minutes ago, CSI-WALLEYE said:

Why has your company not performed a study where you demonstrate that a catch can reduces the amount of deposits on valves?  Or if you have performed this type of study can you share it?

Such a study would show GM’s PCV Emission system is not working with Zero weight oil. (pcv valve supposed to suck in and valve cover hoses by Patent and EPA are only supposed to provide fresh air to crankcase. A backwards workin PCV system aint a emission device if its feeding oil into your intake which retards timing from KNOCK sensor and pollutes more.

No lawyer who doesnt want to get Arkancided will ever touch it.

There WILL BE NO STUDY. Ever.

4 minutes ago, Paintor said:

Such a study would show GM’s PCV Emission system is not working with Zero weight oil. (pcv valve supposed to suck in and valve cover hoses by Patent and EPA are only supposed to provide fresh air to crankcase. A backwards workin PCV system aint a emission device if its feeding oil into your intake which retards timing from KNOCK sensor and pollutes more.

No lawyer who doesnt want to get Arkancided will ever touch it.

There WILL BE NO STUDY. Ever.

That explains why GM may not want a study performed but not Elite Engineering.  As to the validity of you reasoning for the lack of effectiveness of the PCV system, I will leave that to be analyzed by the more automotively knowledgeable posters. 

• Like 1

Elite Engineering will get dragged out like Saddam, Kadafi, or Julian Assange.

’Merica been fining other countries Billions for their “pollutin” cars....they will get Arkancided exactly how the DoD contracter ended up dead after his contracts to inspect the deep ocean chemical weapons dumpsites.

Was last seen carryin his shoe...ramblin nonsense before he was found dead in a dumpster. Right before he was supposed to submit his report to Congress.

That’s an easy Arkancide to confirm..Record of Congress. No Report submitted...Congress paid for it...Hillary an Barry Soetoro. He was a vindictive Ball Player.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Paintor said:

Elite Engineering will get dragged out like Saddam, Kadafi, or Julian Assange.

’Merica been fining other countries Billions for their “pollutin” cars....they will get Arkancided exactly how the DoD contracter ended up dead after his contracts to inspect the deep ocean chemical weapons dumpsites.

Was last seen carryin his shoe...ramblin nonsense before he was found dead in a dumpster. Right before he was supposed to submit his report to Congress.

That’s an easy Arkancide to confirm..Record of Congress. No Report submitted...Congress paid for it...Hillary an Barry Soetoro. He was a vindictive Ball Player.

Not sure about all the tin foil hat stuff, but EE performing a "study" or even just a demonstration comparing two intakes (one from a vehicle with a cc and one without) being driven x amount of miles using the same gas, etc. would be helpful. Seems like that would be pretty simple to set up and do. I don't think that would cause a bunch of people to end up dead. Hell, Shell used to have a tv commercial running basically doing and saying the same thing about why their gas is better that other brands. I don't remember a bunch of people ending up dying mysterious deaths over that. It's called marketing, not some tinfoil hat Bilderberg, Bohemian Grove, conspiracy theory nonsense...

Edited by NCPGMC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2