3 minutes ago, 14SierraZ71 said:

I can only go off what the dealer claims the cause was and according to them the cause was the catch can collecting moister and freezing the pcv line. Which over pressurized the crank case and blew the rear main. If this is true or not I don't know I'm just posting how I installed my can to see what people think 

Sounds perfectly plausible to me and is certainly a valid reason for them to deny coverage.  At this point, you can lawyer-up or just pay for the repair.  The bigger lesson learned here is to remove stuff like this before going to the dealer so they have ZERO reason to deny you.

1 minute ago, lapoolboy said:

Sounds perfectly plausible to me and is certainly a valid reason for them to deny coverage.  At this point, you can lawyer-up or just pay for the repair.  The bigger lesson learned here is to remove stuff like this before going to the dealer so they have ZERO reason to deny you.

Exactly what I was thinking with removing all aftermarket stuff before going to a dealer

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, SS502 said:

I have two questions. One; how long was the can installed and two; why did you leave the can on if you had that kind of failure? They are so easy to remove and if removed, there is no way they could blame the catch can...

8 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

7 minutes ago, 14SierraZ71 said:

Exactly what I was thinking with removing all aftermarket stuff before going to a dealer

This is not a "I told you so" post...it's a cover your butt post. I know others will say it's on the dealer to prove the can caused the failure and they would be right but you can alleviate a lot of stress by simply removing anything that could give the Dealership a reason to deny warranty...this is the one reason I will wait until warranty is over before I start learning how to do a tune. 

1 minute ago, SS502 said:

This is not a "I told you so" post...it's a cover your butt post. I know others will say it's on the dealer to prove the can caused the failure and they would be right but you can alleviate a lot of stress by simply removing anything that could give the Dealership a reason to deny warranty...this is the one reason I will wait until warranty is over before I start learning how to do a tune. 

Yep!  And it's too late for you now because your VIN is now logged.

2 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Yep!  And it's too late for you now because your VIN is now logged.

Not mine thank God...I even have my stock gauge cluster if I ever need to slap that puppy back in...not going to give them any reason to deny because they will and then it's either a pissing contest or a deny warranty...either way it's a headache.

Installed correctly or not, a mod is a mod and I believe that the  dealer / GM has legitimate right to deny warranty. Bottom line, I leave my truck like it was made and have had zero issues when it comes to warranty work. For those who choose to mod it's a chance that they take. I'm sure there are those who will take exception to this, just my opinion on this matter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Not mine thank God...I even have my stock gauge cluster if I ever need to slap that puppy back in...not going to give them any reason to deny because they will and then it's either a pissing contest or a deny warranty...either way it's a headache.

LOL!  No, I meant the OP.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Duelin said:

Just remember there was a reason why the seal blew. You will have to find out what that cause was. If it wasn't the can and you just replace the seal it will blow again.

That's a very, very good point we all overlooked. Thank you :thumbs:

11 minutes ago, Duelin said:

Just remember there was a reason why the seal blew. You will have to find out what that cause was. If it wasn't the can and you just replace the seal it will blow again.

If the catch can wasn't the cause I truly have no idea what it would've been. I baby the crap out of this thing. Im even stuck in the old mindset of changing the oil every 3,000 miles. Sad to say after being a GM guy my whole life that this just might be the last gm I ever buy. It just seems like the the execution of so many categories was missed on these trucks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Booger T said:

Installed correctly or not, a mod is a mod and I believe that the  dealer / GM has legitimate right to deny warranty. Bottom line, I leave my truck like it was made and have had zero issues when it comes to warranty work. For those who choose to mod it's a chance that they take. I'm sure there are those who will take exception to this, just my opinion on this matter.

I couldn't agree more.  Further, removing a mod before going to the dealer is tantamount to fraud.  Especially when you suspect said mod might be the reason for the warranty trip.

1 hour ago, paracutin said:

I couldn't agree more.  Further, removing a mod before going to the dealer is tantamount to fraud.  Especially when you suspect said mod might be the reason for the warranty trip.

Hey, I resent that (just kidding) I'm an honest fraud :D

• Like 1