6 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Pcv were in place well before the epa stepped in. Kinda wondering what else could of caused it.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Yeah I was editing my last post, the EPA just ensures we comply. I hope the OP doesn't get too raked over. I guess my point was that before PCV all we had was valve cover breathers, venting those gasses to the atmosphere. I'm gonna shut up now and just hope this doesn't happen to me but I live in a warm climate so...hope not.

Edited by SS502

As long as the checkvalve is flowing AWAY from the can there is no way it could cause crankcase pressure to build, especially if you run the Cleanside separator as it is a direct path to the main intake air bridge and it would be impossible. In order for any can to create pressure build up it would need to block not only the pathway from the valley to the vacuum port on the intake manifold, but also would have to block the pathway from the main intake air bridge to the valve covers. This picture shows no CSS and the factory fresh/clean air connections intact. As you can see, it is impossible for pressure to build as it would simply vent into the main air intake assy. From each "muffler wing" there is a connection directly to each valve cover so pressure could never build period. So it appears the dealer is taking you. 

Also, here is all you need to file a complaint with the FTC. Cost nothing and you don't need to hire a lawyer, they will first send a warning to the dealer. Then if they do not comply they will take further action, and if needed they will charge them. It is a Federal Law the dealer is breaking. https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blogs/business-blog/2018/04/ftc-staff-sends-warranty-warnings  complaint forms are downloaded from the site as well and much more. The lack of understanding of the general public is what the unscrupulous dealers count on. So no, you can hire a Mag/Moss attorney to send a letter for a few hundred$ but the dealer by law MUST provide proof the aftermarket part caused the failure in question, and that is impossible with any of the Elite systems that are properly installed.  And with any GDI engine, the E2-X with cleanside is your best option.

Please post more pictures of each connection and the checkvalve arrow should be pointing towards the intake manifold vacuum port.

new GM truck bracket2.JPG

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Genuine RX said:

As long as the checkvalve is flowing AWAY from the can there is no way it could cause crankcase pressure to build, especially if you run the Cleanside separator as it is a direct path to the main intake air bridge and it would be impossible. In order for any can to create pressure build up it would need to block not only the pathway from the valley to the vacuum port on the intake manifold, but also would have to block the pathway from the main intake air bridge to the valve covers. This picture shows no CSS and the factory fresh/clean air connections intact. As you can see, it is impossible for pressure to build as it would simply vent into the main air intake assy. From each "muffler wing" there is a connection directly to each valve cover so pressure could never build period. So it appears the dealer is taking you. 

Also, here is all you need to file a complaint with the FTC. Cost nothing and you don't need to hire a lawyer, they will first send a warning to the dealer. Then if they do not comply they will take further action, and if needed they will charge them. It is a Federal Law the dealer is breaking. https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blogs/business-blog/2018/04/ftc-staff-sends-warranty-warnings  complaint forms are downloaded from the site as well and much more. The lack of understanding of the general public is what the unscrupulous dealers count on. So no, you can hire a Mag/Moss attorney to send a letter for a few hundred$ but the dealer by law MUST provide proof the aftermarket part caused the failure in question, and that is impossible with any of the Elite systems that are properly installed.  And with any GDI engine, the E2-X with cleanside is your best option.

Please post more pictures of each connection and the checkvalve arrow should be pointing towards the intake manifold vacuum port.

new GM truck bracket2.JPG

Thank you Sir...we've sparred in the past but you said what I've been saying in a much more understandable manner :thumbs:

Excellent.  I generally respond in technical terms, and support ANY brand of catchcan with actual test data, etc. and offer the same help to anyone no matter what brand/design can they use.  Coming from the industry, I hope I have some insight others do not to share and contribute.

Here is more from the FTC as well:

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blogs/business-blog/2015/06/latest-word-warranties

Thanks!

The pcv is there Mainly when the engine creates allot of blow by past the piston rings (wot). On every engine the vacuum source for it is located at the bottom of the intake or behind the throttle body. These locations provide more vacuum then the valve covers ever could as they are at the point of the systems highest vacuum level. One could assume valve cover breathers or hoses leading from valve covers would suffice, but unfortunately no as more outside air is drawn into the engine before it comes from said hoses.

Edited second sentence

4 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

The pcv is there Mainly when the engine creates allot of blow by past the piston rings (wot). On every engine the vacuum source for it is located at the bottom of the intake or behind the throttle body. These locations provide more vacuum then the valve covers ever could as they are at the point of the systems highest vacuum level. One could assume valve cover breathers or hoses leading from valve covers would suffice, but unfortunately no as more outside air is drawn into the engine before it comes from said hoses.

Edited second sentence

Sorry man, you completely lost me with this...please explain in simple terms (remember I’m an old guy lol) how this statement relates to how the crank case pressures could not come out through the valve cover lines? Are you saying the vacuum is stronger than the pressure required to blow out a rear main? Not trying to be argumentative!!! I’m trying to wrap my mind around this...but hey I never could figure out the Rubic’s Cube either.

Sorry man, you completely lost me with this...please explain in simple terms (remember I’m an old guy lol) how this statement relates to how the crank case pressures could not come out through the valve cover lines? Are you saying the vacuum is stronger than the pressure required to blow out a rear main? Not trying to be argumentative!!! I’m trying to wrap my mind around this...but hey I never could figure out the Rubic’s Cube either.
I'm not saying the blow by does not go through the cylinder head oil drain holes n what not.
Just creating covo about the PCV is all.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

I'm not saying the blow by does not go through the cylinder head oil drain holes n what not.
Just creating covo about the PCV is all.

Ahh, thanks Snow! ? 

I can only go off what the dealer claims the cause was and according to them the cause was the catch can collecting moister and freezing the pcv line. Which over pressurized the crank case and blew the rear main. If this is true or not I don't know I'm just posting how I installed my can to see what people think