Custom Trail Boss Console Upgrade?

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Chad Simmons said:

Did my swap this weekend. It's so nice having the storage now in the arm rest. eb0483c6c0a1493f908a086769f5b6a3.jpg23f6c808e38e00a3f6ce3c3ba11bceb9.jpg5ec0b77004ec2a5c1c1e4e75e845ac0c.jpg57c97a4a6ea245f52ae688dcc54fd8f9.jpgbc4eb1157ea1dac8c8d263b8e57d1836.jpgc71fbe6745a48afbdbbc48af90090ece.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Where Did you get the lower console from?

I also did My console swap over the weekend. I was able to reuse all of the clips. I removed the top of my old armrest. From there I was able to access the retaining clips with a pair of Pliers to squeeze them.  They came out with no problems.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chad Simmons said:

Texas Saddlebags Clutter Catcher® Universal Floor Consoles Black (50811) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KQ10BSY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_0YdsDb2EVHBF6

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks. Your da man ! I have been looking for some pics of one. Thanks Again..... Just ordered it !

Edited by Zelas
  • Like 1

For those who swapped out the center consoles.  The clips from gm. They are priced at 2.25. Is that for the pack of 5 or each?  Do I need to add 5 or is it a pack of 5?  

Also. When changing the console. Does the driver and passenger seat need to be removed or just loosen?

Well I found the center storage same price as the one from gm but with free shipping. 

So I was was just going to order the clips from gm but they want 17.50 for shipping LOL.  Does anyone have a picture of the clips so I can see if local part stores have anything like them

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dctackett10 said:

For those who swapped out the center consoles.  The clips from gm. They are priced at 2.25. Is that for the pack of 5 or each?  Do I need to add 5 or is it a pack of 5?  

Also. When changing the console. Does the driver and passenger seat need to be removed or just loosen?

19 minutes ago, dctackett10 said:

Well I found the center storage same price as the one from gm but with free shipping. 

So I was was just going to order the clips from gm but they want 17.50 for shipping LOL.  Does anyone have a picture of the clips so I can see if local part stores have anything like them

It’s a pack of five clips

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dctackett10 said:

You just need to loosen all four bolts on the drivers seat you don’t need to remove it just move it a little to the side

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dctackett10 said:

The clips are Sold in individual. You Just have to take the four torx on the driver side out.I was able to remove the old console top.There is a hidden screw under the rubber mat on console. I was able to use a pair of pliers to squeeze the clips and did not use any of the new clips. It Just popped out. I also have like 6 extra clips that came off old Console cover.

• Like 1