Truck's Headlights Flicker after Plow Installed.

Hey everyone,

So I had a shop that specialize in lawn equipment, and snow equipment install a Blizzard Plow on my 2017 Silverado 1500 just a few weeks ago. I took the blow off one day and when starting my truck, I noticed both y headlights would flicker for about 30 seconds or so. I took the truck back to the shop I got the plow put on and they said that I have aftermarket headlights, which I don't... I told them the headlights are factory LED's. So they ran some tests and got another plow module to see if it was the module doing it or what. Sure enough it did the same thing. They said they are going to contact GM about the issue. They haven't gotten back to me yet but before they do, I was just wanting to ask other plow owners if they have had this issue and what they or their shop did to fix the issue. I supplied a video (below) to show exactly what they are doing. Both headlights will do it but in the video, only that one head light does it. 

Condition/Concern

Some owners with snow plow equipment, may notice that either the truck or the snowplow's headlights are flickering or Inoperative.  This may affect either the LH or the RH lamp assembly.  This may also occur when switching back and forth between the truck and the snow plow headlights.  When checking for DTC's, the BCM may or may not set a B2575 and/or B2699.

Some snow plow manufacturers offer a headlight changeover module for switching between the truck's headlights and the snowplow's headlights.  Depending on the type of headlights the truck is equipped with and the way they are controlled the headlight changeover module may not operate correctly with the truck's headlight system.  This can cause either or both the truck or snow plow headlights to flicker during changeover. 

Recommendation/Instructions

This is not an issue with the truck's headlight system.  Contact the snowplow manufacturer/upfitter for additional information on their headlight changeover system.  Also, please reference the latest version of GM Upfitter Integration Bulletin 116 for additional information on these circuits. It can be found at http://www.gmupfitter.com/, under the "Technical Bulletin" Tab and then "Show all bulletins."    

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

• 7 months later...

Did you have any luck with this?

My bosses truck seems to have the same flickering but only when he is unlocking his truck. They disconnected the entire harness for the plow and the issue went away. So it has to do with the plow harness hookup. Have you had any luck as to an actual solution? 

Thanks for any advise 

Aleisha