Hey Gang, I just bought a 2018 Silverado 1500 LTZ.  Love it.   However, I drove a different one before my purchase and it had a cool Speed Limit indicator next to the digital speedometer, which tells me the speed limit on the road I'm driving.  (Lots of speed traps where I go, so thought it would be handy.  When I got mine, I tried to turn it on and it does not appear to be available.  Asked my dealer and they are stumped as to why it is not available.  Is there a patch or something that is required to have this feature?  Its been around since '14, so not a new feature.   I looked it up on line and the GM site says (The feature requires GM's Next-Gen Infotainment (NGI) systems, which is typically assigned GM RPO code IO5 or IO6.  But I can't find any reference to this either?

Thoughts?

It was just an idea.  I wouldn't buy that answer either.  Have you looked at the manual at all to see if it's referenced and maybe how it works?  Maybe there is something in the nav settings?  Mine is on but I've only had my 18 for a couple weeks so not sure how it works.  My 15 didn't have it.

11 hours ago, tcmcfall said:

Hey Gang, I just bought a 2018 Silverado 1500 LTZ.  Love it.   However, I drove a different one before my purchase and it had a cool Speed Limit indicator next to the digital speedometer, which tells me the speed limit on the road I'm driving.  (Lots of speed traps where I go, so thought it would be handy.  When I got mine, I tried to turn it on and it does not appear to be available.  Asked my dealer and they are stumped as to why it is not available.  Is there a patch or something that is required to have this feature?  Its been around since '14, so not a new feature.   I looked it up on line and the GM site says (The feature requires GM's Next-Gen Infotainment (NGI) systems, which is typically assigned GM RPO code IO5 or IO6.  But I can't find any reference to this either?

Thoughts?

Believe you set it up in the DIC, under settings. Speed : Shows the vehicle speed in either kilometers per hour (km/h) or
miles per hour (mph). If equipped,
press p to open the menu and select to display speed limit 

11 minutes ago, g2full said:

My truck has a speed alert feature, from what I can tell. I can set it at whatever speed I'd like. 

Is this the same feature we're talking about?

I think they are talking about the little speed limit icon in the gauge cluster...like when I’m traveling in a 45mph zone, I have a little white/black “speed limit” icon showing 45 and if I transition to a faster or slower speed zone, the icon changes to show the current speed limit where I’m at. I believe it’s based off GPS NAV information.

Just now, SS502 said:

I think they are talking about the little speed limit icon in the gauge cluster...like when I’m traveling in a 45mph zone, I have a little white/black “speed limit” icon showing 45 and if I transition to a faster or slower speed zone, the icon changes to show the current speed limit where I’m at. I believe it’s based off GPS NAV information.

That makes sense. Thanks man. I don't think mine has that. But seems to be some things I haven't figured out yet. I know I don't have true Navigation. Only the On Star Turn by Turn Directions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, g2full said:

That makes sense. Thanks man. I don't think mine has that. But seems to be some things I haven't figured out yet. I know I don't have true Navigation. Only the On Star Turn by Turn Directions. 

If you have it, you can turn it on through the DIC I think!! Not entirely sure since it’s always been there, was on my stock gauges and then when I swapped to the Denali gauges it was still there. I do have NAV and let OnStar expire so it may be part of the NAV.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 7:46 AM, g2full said:

cluster 2.jpg

On 1/22/2019 at 7:50 AM, SS502 said:

If you have it, you can turn it on through the DIC I think!! Not entirely sure since it’s always been there, was on my stock gauges and then when I swapped to the Denali gauges it was still there. I do have NAV and let OnStar expire so it may be part of the NAV.

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1