Truck Package Headaches

My employer is getting me a new 2019 Silverado Double cab truck. They showed me the truck they priced, The work truck package with several options. I can make some changes if it stays in the same price range, so I priced a Custom package with the same basic options because in my opinion it is a nicer looking truck. The Custom comes with color matched bumpers and grill bar, and 20" wheels. The work truck is quoted with chrome bumpers, and the nicer 17" steel wheels.

It gets complicated with the packages. Here are the two biggest issues with the truck I want.

The work truck they had priced included the 10 way power seat, the four way manual seat is the only option in the Custom package.

Remote start is available on the Custom Package, but not the work truck. 

I could add an aftermarket remote start, but I would be stuck with the seat. Any opinions on the best way to go?

First you need to decide whats more important, the 10 way power seat or Remote Start.

Maybe go down to a dealership and sit in a truck with both seat types. If the four way manual is adequate go with the custom. If it's not, go with the work truck.

...that's what I would do anyway.

5 hours ago, allison said:

My employer is getting me a new 2019 Silverado Double cab truck. They showed me the truck they priced, The work truck package with several options. I can make some changes if it stays in the same price range, so I priced a Custom package with the same basic options because in my opinion it is a nicer looking truck. The Custom comes with color matched bumpers and grill bar, and 20" wheels. The work truck is quoted with chrome bumpers, and the nicer 17" steel wheels.

It gets complicated with the packages. Here are the two biggest issues with the truck I want.

The work truck they had priced included the 10 way power seat, the four way manual seat is the only option in the Custom package.

I could add an aftermarket remote start, but I would be stuck with the seat. Any opinions on the best way to go?

Add the factory remote start after the fact, and get the WT for the power seat.  You can even swap the wheels if you wanted down the road.   

My opinion on the power seat, once you set the power seat how many times do you change the position again? For me, I set it once and will probably never change it, so a manual seat would work for me if I were in your shoes. 

• Like 3

I would get the remote start and not think twice about a power seat. I'm pretty sure I haven't touched my seat controls in about 3 years.

Unless - you frequently let other people drive your truck who are much different heights than you are? How often would you use each feature? That should tell you which option is more important.

Im a little confused by people stating that you only adjust your seat once...Isnt the point of 10 way power seats to have more adjustment points? It doesnt matter how many times you plan on adjusting the seats its that you have 10 different adjustments to get the seats comfortable. If you get the manual seats you will have less adjustment points and potentially significantly less comfortable driving position....and at the end of the day you can add every gadget to the truck you want but if the miles driven arent comfortable, then its all for not. 

Am I missing something with my understanding of automatic seats...and when I ask that Im not being a smarty pants, Im asking  honestly.

Edited by Chris walker

11 hours ago, MikeNH said:

Not a chance the work truck actually has a power seat. That has to be an error in the paperwork. Chevy stripped everything from the bottom three trims. 

If its a fleet order then its possible. 

Seat adjuster, driver 10-way power including lumbar
1 - Requires (ZLQ) WT Fleet Convenience Package, (KI4) 120-volt power outlet, (KC9) 120-volt bed-mounted power outlet and (H0U) Jet Black interior.

On 1/17/2019 at 9:02 AM, allison said:

Why not work with a dealer to see what they have on their lots, might be able to get into a sle package or something, what kind of budget did they give you like 35k-40k? Honestly you could probably get a leftover 18 slt for what the 19 wt is going to cost.

Thanks for all of the replies. The truck is a fleet order, didn't know that would make a difference. I did go to the dealer yesterday and sit in a truck with the 4 way seat, I think it will be fine. It just gets frustrating the way some of the package items work. I can get the Z71 trim in the work truck, and it would include the trailer package  and locking rear, but that would delete the aluminum wheels from the WT appearance package. The Z71 package isn't even available in the Custom trim package. 

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Edited by allison

5 hours ago, BIGDOGx said:

Why not work with a dealer to see what they have on their lots, might be able to get into a sle package or something, what kind of budget did they give you like 35k-40k? Honestly you could probably get a leftover 18 slt for what the 19 wt is going to cost.

MSRP around $40k, but with new fleet pricing I think it will be in the $34k range.

Here are my two choices from an appearance standpoint. I'm not a fan of the all black grill, and the 20's on the Custom look a little better than the 17's on the WT.

Custom.jpg

WT.jpg

Edited by allison

1 hour ago, allison said:

MSRP around $40k, but with new fleet pricing I think it will be in the $33-34k range.

Here are my two choices from an appearance standpoint. I'm not a fan of the all black grill, and the 20's on the Custom look a little better than the 17's on the WT.

Custom.jpg

WT.jpg

I would go with the custom, the 20's and color matched just make it look far better imo.