Short Bed or Standard bed???

Ultra54

I much prefer the short bed, my dad has a 17 crew cab short and I really enjoy driving it, unless you constantly have items bigger the the bed or things that will be hanging out of the bed I would go with a short bed all day, you can easily haul a full size 4x4 quad with the tailgate down. I think they look way better too.

20 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

the wife and I are thinking of having a couple kids

that is reason enough to get the CC. you won't regret having the additional space. I had to sell my old regular cab long box when the kids came. I still miss it. But when you have to haul 3 other people, the cab space is more valuable than an extra 2' of bed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I went with the crew cab standard box. I was a little worried about parking coming from a crew cab short box but with all the cameras it isn't an issue at all. My needs just pushed me to the standard box this time around. I am way more excited than I should admit about no longer having to break down my fishing poles when putting them in the back. 

• Like 1

I care about the turning radius and so want as short a wheelbase as possible. That translates into a double cab with the standard length bed (6.5 feet). I would only but a trim that provided this configuration. It is why I ended up buying a 2500HD Duramax in 2011 instead of the 3500HD where this was not offered by the factory.

With a short bed the truck would be no better than my full size SUV for carrying cargo.

9 hours ago, Wintersun said:

With a short bed the truck would be no better than my full size SUV for carrying cargo.

I used to believe that when I owned a Tahoe, then I had to move 20+ 2'x2'x2' moving boxes and I instantly understood trucks.