Automatic windows

I apologize, I'm 56 years old and not sure to the dynamics or protocol of a form.  I have a 2017 Silverado and discovered today that it is possible to roll down all the windows from the key fob.  I regularly in the summer park my car with the windows cracked an 1" to 4"s to help let the heat in the car vent out.  I'm surprised that cars don't have the feature to leave the windows cracked and as soon as the car detects rain falling automatically rolling up the windows without the owner needing to do anything.   My question, Is there away to roll up the windows by app or key fob if I see it start raining?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, michaelljones said:

I apologize, I'm 56 years old and not sure to the dynamics or protocol of a form.  I have a 2017 Silverado and discovered today that it is possible to roll down all the windows from the key fob.  I regularly in the summer park my car with the windows cracked an 1" to 4"s to help let the heat in the car vent out.  I'm surprised that cars don't have the feature to leave the windows cracked and as soon as the car detects rain falling automatically rolling up the windows without the owner needing to do anything.   My question, Is there away to roll up the windows by app or key fob if I see it start raining?

Unfortunately no way to roll up windows with key fob.

Here is another thread about more features.

Since GM cheaped out and didn't do rain sensing wipers on this truck (yet my '07 Escalade EXT truck had them), there would be no sensor to even perform this task.  It seems that the BCM is pretty locked down compared to other platforms, so even simple stuff like even closing all windows via a FOB probably won't happen.

You can check with these guys. They can reprogram your BCM one of the options on their list is up down with fob depending on hardware. You have to send them your BCM truck will be down while it’s out and it ain’t cheap but can have other things done while it’s there. Otherwise it’s probably a set of windows vents.

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=94&category_id=54&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

1 hour ago, wforrest08 said:

You can check with these guys. They can reprogram your BCM one of the options on their list is up down with fob depending on hardware. You have to send them your BCM truck will be down while it’s out and it ain’t cheap but can have other things done while it’s there. Otherwise it’s probably a set of windows vents.

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=94&category_id=54&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

Which is totally ridiculous you have to send your BCM somewhere for coding.  I've done it on my wife's Audi; $199 VCDS units for 3 VIN's, easy DIY.  For my BMW, free software and a $30 cable.  And both do a lot more than just BCM programming...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Since GM cheaped out and didn't do rain sensing wipers on this truck (yet my '07 Escalade EXT truck had them), there would be no sensor to even perform this task.  It seems that the BCM is pretty locked down compared to other platforms, so even simple stuff like even closing all windows via a FOB probably won't happen.

Had rain sensing wipers on my 2008 Silverado, thought it was the greatest thing ever. Wife has it on her 2016 Tahoe and never uses the function.