2014 Sierra complete shut off

Twice my 2014 Sierra SLT has a complete shut off. Key fob doesn't work, no exterior or interior lighting. Almost as if battery is dead (battery just replaced less than a month ago). The only way I can get the truck to start is by disconnecting the negative battery terminal, wait a min, then reconnect. Once the battery is reconnected the truck starts and runs fine, no check engine light or errors. I had been having the steering issues but just did the recall yesterday and the shut off still happened after. Im guessing this is unrelated. Anyone have this experience or thoughts to what could be happening?

Twice my 2014 Sierra SLT has a complete shut off. Key fob doesn't work, no exterior or interior lighting. Almost as if battery is dead (battery just replaced less than a month ago). The only way I can get the truck to start is by disconnecting the negative battery terminal, wait a min, then reconnect. Once the battery is reconnected the truck starts and runs fine, no check engine light or errors. I had been having the steering issues but just did the recall yesterday and the shut off still happened after. Im guessing this is unrelated. Anyone have this experience or thoughts to what could be happening?

Steering recall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar experience with a 2012 Suburban. Took a long time to trace the issue to the ground cable. It was either a bad/corroded cable, or overly corroded ground point. Dealer finally agreed to try a replacment, and the issue never came back. 40k+ additional miles before I sold it. 

It was the recall for EPS that was sent out in 2017 I believe.

After reading some other posts last night, im thinking the grounding issue sounds a lot like what this is. Thanks.

Did all or just some sierras receive the recall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk