I am looking at the Readylift 66-3086  2.25" FRONT LEVELING KIT W/ CONTROL ARMS - GM 1500 TRUCK / SUV 6-LUG 2017-2018  https://www.readylift.com/2-25-front-leveling-kit-w-control-arms-gm-1500-truck-suv-6-lug-2017-2018.html

For my 2017 Silverado 1500 LT with factory 17 inch aluminum wheels and 255/70R17 tires.

After talking to the company, they said that I may need a 1/2 inch wheel spacer for the front so the control arms don't rub on the wheels.

Is this true or is this something to try and get me to buy?

The main reason I am looking at replacing the upper control arms is because I have an aftermarket heavy duty bumper with grill guard and it weighs around 200Lbs.

That worries me with the factory STAMPED control arms it has now.

If I need spacers, what spacer is best and cheap? Would I have to modify the studs?  What else would I have to do so it doesn't rub?

Thanks!

They say that spacers are not a good idea as they put extra loads on the wheel bearings but I'm not so sure I agree with that. Offset wheels will do the same thing as far as geometry goes. Personally, I wouldn't go over a 2" level using the stock control arms due to ball joint angles. I have a 2" and I had a slight amount of rub at full lock backing up but has gone away probably due to tire wear. I'd try it without spacers first and then maybe try a 1/4" and see how that goes. I'm liking the Eibach adjustable shocks with new coil springs kit; that with new UCA's is what I'll probably end up doing if I don't do a 4" with diff drop.

Edited by '17 Sierra