Service Brake Assist - 148 miles into driving

i have a 2019 denali with 10,000 miles. recently it started showing the service brake assist warning and sd card error sd card has been removed warning that would disappear and return. scheduled service they had it 2 days could'nt find anything wrong they updated software according to a service bulletin. got it back last friday went out saturday afternoon about 3 miles from home it completely died at a red light with the same warnings and service transmission warning added before it died had to be towed to the dealer they have had it ever since i geuss they are scratching thier heads bald. if anyone knows the fix let me know so i can help them out and get my car back

9 hours ago, znaflhr said:

i have a 2019 denali with 10,000 miles. recently it started showing the service brake assist warning and sd card error sd card has been removed warning that would disappear and return. scheduled service they had it 2 days could'nt find anything wrong they updated software according to a service bulletin. got it back last friday went out saturday afternoon about 3 miles from home it completely died at a red light with the same warnings and service transmission warning added before it died had to be towed to the dealer they have had it ever since i geuss they are scratching thier heads bald. if anyone knows the fix let me know so i can help them out and get my car back

There is an infotainment center update rolling out to the vehicles V807 that might address the SD Card issue. Ensure all the TSBs and Recalls are completed on your vehicle ie

PIT5663 Climate Control Off,

PIT5651B Steering Column Lock and maybe Climate Control Off

PIT5695A Brake wear readouts recalibrated 8/20/2019. Wear Indicator reset to 100%.
                   Bulletin 19-NA-191 says Software update and Brake Pad replacement but only for Cadillac CT6.

Recall N192210560 Engine Calibration Torque Model not Accurate

Recall N192270600 Seatbelt Pretensioner Fire

Recall N192275630 Brake Assist Feature
      Recall N192268090 Brake System Malfunction Warning

TSB PIT5728A After Campaign N192268090 Could be low battery and do not use Remote Start App for Brake Loss
     TSB PIT5728B Revision to PIT5728A 1/16/2020 Completed

PIT5728B is the latest software update and it negates the effect of N192268090 where it concerns the Remote Start App problem. You may have a problem the parts of the Integrated Brake Controller which includes the Power Booster, Brake System Control Module and Master Cylinder. But these problems would normally leave error codes.

• 2 months later...
On 1/5/2020 at 11:02 AM, Wasp651 said:

2020 Sierra brake assist message when I first start it up. 400 miles on it. Took it to a dealer nothing done. Was told to drive it for a while and see if it magically goes away. Very disappointed been a loyal GM customer for 20+ years. 

Hey I had the same issue, just got it back. Code will not go away my dealer informed me it was a major recall. They replaced the entire master cylinder. Code is gone almost a week now . See attached tech report, your dealer is wrong and putting your life at risk by being lazy. Remember you paid 60grand for that truck , no one should have the balls to waste your time. The technology these days it very advanced and if there is a code on its for a reason. Unfortunately there are some Lazy techs Who don’t want to do warranty work.. 

8B9B8A7A-3A73-49E9-8CAE-E877551A4C6B.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

New 2020 Silverado 1500 RST only 200 miles and I get the "Service Brake Assist" warning.

GM Recall site shows no recall for my vehicle. Seems they would have taken care of this issue by now.

So off to the dealer I go. I really rather be spending the day installing my new AMP Research Power steps.

• 3 years later...

Evidently, Chevy hasn't fixed the Service Brake Assist issue. I just bought a new 2023 Silverado 1500 RST and it has the same "Service Brake Assist" issue. I didn't even get off the dealers lot when the error popped up. As of this writing, Chevy has yet to fix it after 4 brake bleeds and a new master brake cylinder.

GM told the dealership to install another new master brake cylinder. I have owned the truck for almost 14 days and for 12 days it has been at the dealers shop. Also, they have put more miles than I have on my "new" truck test driving it.

Edited by coronetrt101