Bigger gas tank for 1500 Crew cab

Also a electronically controlled transfer tank is an option.

https://www.transferflow.com/shop/in-bed-auxiliary-fuel-tanks
I reached out to them and they didn't really have any options for me other than the 15 gal wheel well tank. I'm going to call around to a few 4x4 places tomorrow and see what I can find. I really want to find something soon.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
On 3/31/2021 at 11:31 PM, Denis S said:

Can the diesel tank be modified to work in a gas truck? 

Sadly, as I sit looking at a 36 gal diesel tank, it’s not a simple replacement. The width between the straps are way way off. Still going to pull the 24 gallon tank and see if/what would be involved to do it…. Doesn’t look promising.

In my pulling days I would put a tank in the bed. Some had pumps. Others I would tie in to my main tank return line. Then I would put an old fashion switch so I wouldn’t over fill the main tank. It’s been awhile since I did that trick. I personally wouldn’t do much pulling with a half ton. If I was pulling heavy enough to make a difference I would go with a small transfer tank in the bed, 50 gallon sized. With a pump and filling the main that way. If I was doing it a lot I’d plum to the return as I stated above. Whatever you add under the truck wouldn’t give you much for pulling. At least in the bed it’s easier to remove. Empty my bladder is good for about 200 miles. My wife usually 100. Lately I haven’t seen any vehicle unable to do 400 miles, truck or car.

• 7 months later...
9 hours ago, tommyxc said:

This is why I got rid of my power wagon. Now when i tow my enclosed trailer with my 3.0 Duramax I am getting 14mpg instead of 7mpg. But I still want a bigger tank😅

I still don't understand why literally both of their competitors have options for larger tanks, but GM doesn't. 

Edited by 1454

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2022 at 8:06 PM, 1454 said:

I still don't understand why literally both of their competitors have options for larger tanks, but GM doesn't. 

Marketing, GM  wanted a tow to weight ratio headline so they compromised the size of the tank ...to save a few pounds. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2022 at 8:00 AM, Jerry Walleston said:

Marketing, GM  wanted a tow to weight ratio headline so they compromised the size of the tank ...to save a few pounds. 

Couldn't they still achieve that if they offered a larger tank as a option? but not standard?