Bigger gas tank for 1500 Crew cab

17 minutes ago, swathdiver said:

This has been one of the most popular requests for a long time now.  For some reason, we only see the bigger tanks for the diesels, everyone scared to death of what if liabilities.  I have 31 and would like some more too!

That's a shame.  If a company could manage to bring one to market, they would sell a few. 

I use 5-5 gallon gas cans @ $15 a piece and use a portable electric transfer pump. Works great. All in all thing im into it for less than 250.

Since no auxiliary/replacement tanks are ever likely to be available, I was thinking about going this route....http://titanfueltanks.com/titan-sidekick-15-gal-portable-liquid-tank-5040015
titan_sidekick_tank_3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My hope is the fuel bigger tank but.... I also noticed a spot next to the fuel filler for another neck about the size one would expect for DEF.  Perhaps they have other plans for that space. 

Regardless there is plenty of room and a replacement tank wouldn’t even require a complex shape. This project is totally within the abilities of one of the street rod shops that specializes in building gas tanks. 

1 hour ago, flowbytwo said:

My hope is the fuel bigger tank but.... I also noticed a spot next to the fuel filler for another neck about the size one would expect for DEF.  Perhaps they have other plans for that space. 

Regardless there is plenty of room and a replacement tank wouldn’t even require a complex shape. This project is totally within the abilities of one of the street rod shops that specializes in building gas tanks. 

That space by the fuel filler will be for def when they release the diesel powered truck. I’m guessing the extra room around the fuel tank is going to have a def tank in it too. 

On 12/17/2018 at 1:01 PM, swathdiver said:

This has been one of the most popular requests for a long time now.  For some reason, we only see the bigger tanks for the diesels, everyone scared to death of what if liabilities.  I have 31 and would like some more too!

Everyone except Ford, Toyota, and Ram, that all provide large gas tanks as an option for their 1500 class pickups. Ford for $445 provides a 36 gallon fuel tank. Ram also charges $445 for its 33-gallon fuel tank option. Toyota Tundra comes from the factory with a 38-gallon fuel tank. Only with Chevy/GM 1500 trucks is one stuck with a 26 gallon fuel tank. It is why I decided not to  buy a new 2019 Chevy truck and will be holding  onto my 2011 2500HD Duramax for the time being. The Duramax with its factory 36 gallon tank provides me with over 600 miles of range and not about to get stuck with a 26-gallon fuel tank on a pickup that provides two-thirds that range between fuel stops. 

10 hours ago, Wintersun said:

Everyone except Ford, Toyota, and Ram, that all provide large gas tanks as an option for their 1500 class pickups. Ford for $445 provides a 36 gallon fuel tank. Ram also charges $445 for its 33-gallon fuel tank option. Toyota Tundra comes from the factory with a 38-gallon fuel tank. Only with Chevy/GM 1500 trucks is one stuck with a 26 gallon fuel tank. It is why I decided not to  buy a new 2019 Chevy truck and will be holding  onto my 2011 2500HD Duramax for the time being. The Duramax with its factory 36 gallon tank provides me with over 600 miles of range and not about to get stuck with a 26-gallon fuel tank on a pickup that provides two-thirds that range between fuel stops. 

Good points Brian.  I've always liked to have a range of at least 500 miles.  My current ride can do that on the highway as can the K2 pickups.  If you figure them getting 22 mpg with 22 gallons of usable fuel that's 484 miles.  Not so sure these new ones are as fuel efficient as their predecessors yet.  I'm with ya, they should have more fuel at least as an option somehow.

• 4 months later...

I emailed Titan Fuel Tanks the other day asking if they planned on releasing a larger tank for the new 2019 1500.  Their reply was "We have a few things in the works, stay tuned."  Anyone who's interested should contact them, show the interest in a larger tank.  It's all about there being a market.  

• Like 1