We have had our new AT4 for 3 days now. The truck is brilliant! The tailgate was really well designed, the HUD is much more intuitive and useful than anticipated, BUT....... When using the Nav function, on the map screen, I can't see the information displayed. The map display is very washed out, seeming like the brightness is turned all the way up, but the contrast is turned all the way down. There is no black on the display at all. Just greyscale letters and numbers. Very light pastel coloring for the map items. I had tried to switch to Google Maps and Waze with Android auto, hoping those maps would work better. But no, they just use the native display colors when displayed on the infotainment center. This display just doesn't work well for me. Is it possible there is something wrong with my head unit, or do I need to learn to live with this? Is everyone else's map screen crisp and bright, or washed out and hard to read like mine?

Here is a picture of my nav display. At the top of the display you can read "Waze" and "1250" because they are high contrast black. But nothing on the map is . Just washed out light greyscale and muted colors. There are street names on the display in the picture. You just can't see them.20181218_125006.thumb.jpg.560b77c835e1bc94ea63b8a30570e013.jpg

Mine looks very dull and washed out as well. Seems it needs to have a contrast adjustment someplace but obviously it doesn’t. I’ll bring it to the dealers attention when I have my 30 day check up. 

10 hours ago, smit303 said:

When mine is in night mode it looks a lot better. I switched it in settings. Much better contrast.

I did the same but I don’t think we should have to do that. I called the infotainment tech line, they confirmed there is no contrast setting for the screen, they suggested I calibrate the screen, told them I tried that already they said take it to the dealer.

• 5 months later...

2019  Sierra Denali here same issue screens sucks washed out colors no adjustment options. Way to bright at night just turns gray when you dim the instrument cluster no individual control sad for 70k

Edited by VGZPRT