What did you pay for your truck?

1 minute ago, topgear1224 said:

Optional

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

In Southen California seems like alot more Denalis were built compared to the Silverado High County. For every 10 Denalis I see one High Country. I had the option to buy either and I went through loops and holes to get the High Country I wanted 

In Southen California seems like alot more Denalis were built compared to the Silverado High County. For every 10 Denalis I see one High Country. I had the option to buy either and I went through loops and holes to get the High Country I wanted 
It's optional on the HC too. Chevy has better options if you tow, need payload. Denali and AT4 can't have max tow packages. GM insist that 95% of half ton owners tow under 9,000 lb.

Usually when I see a half ton Towing it's wildly overloaded but nevertheless.

If I could do it all again I would either buy a diesel off road RST (3.73 is a godsend). Or more than likely I would actually buy an LTZ with Max tow 6.2 so I can have 18 inch wheels on a fully loaded truck. These 20 inch wheels just bounce around way too much. I also like the lighter leather interior option.

Kind of ironic that the "professional-grade" actually gets beat at work by its stablemates. I thought it was really weird for GMC to drop the technology pack from the SLT for 2020. Although to be honest we are also talking about a company that took the best suspension technology, (one that they actually licensed out to Ferrari for the Enzo.) And then decided to replace it with a vastly inferior from capability standpoint adjustable shock. (Denali)

Meanwhile rival Ford have pothole sensing technology that can actually hold a wheel in the air so that way you don't experience the shock of a pothole. (Not on trucks yet)

I get it redesigning both a chassis and body at once is really expensive but GM really needs to pull it together for 2022 or they're going to go into permanent third-place status which is incredibly hard to keep to slightly different brands afloat with.

2 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

It's optional on the HC too. Chevy has better options if you tow, need payload. Denali and AT4 can't have max tow packages. GM insist that 95% of half ton owners tow under 9,000 lb.

Usually when I see a half ton Towing it's wildly overloaded but nevertheless.

If I could do it all again I would either buy a diesel off road RST (3.73 is a godsend). Or more than likely I would actually buy an LTZ with Max tow 6.2 so I can have 18 inch wheels on a fully loaded truck. These 20 inch wheels just bounce around way too much. I also like the lighter leather interior option.

Kind of ironic that the "professional-grade" actually gets beat at work by its stablemates. I thought it was really weird for GMC to drop the technology pack from the SLT for 2020. Although to be honest we are also talking about a company that took the best suspension technology, (one that they actually licensed out to Ferrari for the Enzo.) And then decided to replace it with a vastly inferior from capability standpoint adjustable shock. (Denali)

Meanwhile rival Ford have pothole sensing technology that can actually hold a wheel in the air so that way you don't experience the shock of a pothole. (Not on trucks yet)

I get it redesigning both a chassis and body at once is really expensive but GM really needs to pull it together for 2022 or they're going to go into permanent third-place status which is incredibly hard to keep to slightly different brands afloat with.

My 2019 Silverado High Country has a 6.2L W/ 10 Speed Trans & a 3.23 ratio axle. I towed a 8,800k travel trailer up a 6% grade hill with ease, it did sag a bit because the High Country is leveled out from factory. I currently have factory 22". I dont tow too much so I wouldn't trade it for anything at the moment.

Bought a new AT4 5.3 Crew Cab today.

MSRP $58,365

Paid $47,100

($6,000 GM)

($2,065 Dealer)

($3,200 GMS Family)

Options:

Satin Steel

AT4 Preferred

Driver Alert 1

Rear underseat storage(so far this seems exceedingly low quality)

I feel like I got a pretty good deal for late July. Never thought I would buy a GM, but F150 feels and looks so outdated. Coming from my second JKU in a row, I'm just hoping for something significantly more comfortable for long rides. 

Edited by PavementQueen

2020 Black AT4

5.3 Crew Cab

AT4 Prem Pkg

MSRP $59,950

Paid $45,900 (April, 2020)

23% off MSRP

It looks as though I bought at the right time given the current pricing and inventory. 

Edited by ajs800

I am looking a slightly used 2019 Silverado 2500 SLT with durmax diesel,  Z71 offroad package, heated cooled seats.  Its basically a high country with the options added to the SLT package.  MSRP was 69,090 they are asking 57,000.  It has 9,000 miles on it.  Seems high to me given that we are only looking at 12,000 under sticker price and it has 9,000 miles on it.  Thoughts?

thats why i bought new because used prices made no sense to me......last august and this last april, just didnt seem worth it to buy used really.....they should certainly have more room to move on used so try and shave few more k off that truck.....but idk if you get  full 3/5yr warranty on used either.....i sold my 2019 1500 with 10k on it

Over the years I've leased a few vehicles but mostly bought them.  What made the lease on the 2020 Denali so attractive is 61% residual and .00057 money factor on 39 month/12k miles per year lease.  Also qualified for GM lease conquest rebate @ $1,500 and GM Educator discount @ $2,995.  Settled on 39 months @ $689/mo. with zero out of pocket.  MSRP $71,884 which includes $984 in unavoidable dealer add-ons (nitrogen, pinstripe, door edge guards and window tint).  I'm happy with my deal!

It's simple supply and demand. Due to COVID shutting down new car factories, inventory became depleted. That put more demand on used inventory, so prices went up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thats kind of what it looks like.  Not so sure I wouldn't be better off waiting, and seeing if things don't loosen up a little, definitely looks like a sellers market right now.

Unless you're trying to trade in..... Was offered 32k for my 6k mile truck....... MSRP 60k

Unless you're trying to trade in..... Was offered 32k for my 6k mile truck....... MSRP 60k

My trade in is garbage. 2008 Saturn Outlook. I was given it free, so any money made from selling it is a profit. I started experiencing problems with it a few months after it was given to me. Major engine mechanical issues. I've been lumping it along for 3 years. I was surprised Carmax offered $2,500 for it. The dealership where I bought my Trail Boss offered only $1,000.

My trade in is garbage. 2008 Saturn Outlook. I was given it free, so any money made from selling it is a profit. I started experiencing problems with it a few months after it was given to me. Major engine mechanical issues. I've been lumping it along for 3 years. I was surprised Carmax offered $2,500 for it. The dealership where I bought my Trail Boss offered only $1,000.

That number was for my 2020 Sierra 3.0