What did you pay for your truck?

still, jeez man 85 miles on truck is nothing, lol

both my 1500 and 2500 didn't even break in til 2k plus....still has full warranty unless its a lemon I don't see the issue

both of mine had 200 miles  on them.....most recent 2500 had 100 miles on delivery to my house from dealer but still had at least hundy on it
Likely a roll back repo. (Customer never made a single payment, or never made his deferred down payment)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

maybe financing fell thru and made him bring it back.....usually 90 days late and they come knocking I thought.... don't usually repo vehicles that quick.....

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Fiona said:

I bought my 2019 Sierra 1500 Denali Ultimate at the beginning of the year as a leftover. All in, the discounts totaled a bit over $14k from sticker which was around 67. It was kind of a weird buying experience as the day I was supposed to finish the paperwork and pick it up, I was told that someone else had bought the truck. Was really miffed about that, but a few days later, they called me back to say that it was available again, so I opted to go ahead and snag it. I had tried to find something similar in the meantime, but there wasn't anything comparable in my area. 

First new vehicle and first truck purchase in a long time. Buying experience aside, I really like the vehicle and the 6.2 engine has amazing pickup.

Denali.jpg

Welcome to the site.

Congratulations on your new truck! Very nice!

maybe financing fell thru and made him bring it back.....usually 90 days late and they come knocking I thought.... don't usually repo vehicles that quick.....
He could call in if he lost his job and do a voluntary repo. This allows him to avoid all repo fees. Keeping the miles low is a smart move to maximize auction price. Lowering the amount that gets converted to an unsecured loan.

3 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

He could call in if he lost his job and do a voluntary repo. This allows him to avoid all repo fees. Keeping the miles low is a smart move to maximize auction price. Lowering the amount that gets converted to an unsecured loan.

idk, seems really odd to buy a truck and turn it in for repo a week or so later....

idk, seems really odd to buy a truck and turn it in for repo a week or so later....
The sale date shown in carfax isn't until finalized. Could be 2-3 weeks after the truck is released from dealer custody.

But I agree looks odd.

Have you googled the VIN to see any auction pics? Truck could have been lightly crashed. If no insurance report is made most police departments don't report to Carfax.

i decided no on that truck. it had the safety package, which i didn't want anyway, and i could get a brand new one cheaper right now IF they were in stock. i'll just wait.

Got a 2020 1500 RST with convenience I & II, leather, all star package, trailer package. Got a spray on bed liner and tints included in the deal.

MSRP $50k

OTD $40k.

was 38k without taxes etc. 

got the $5500 cash incentive

costco $1500 

lease incentive $1500

first responder incentive and dealer gave me $4500. 

car was not in stock but had one with vin assigned and leaving factory. Should arrive in 1-2 weeks. 

Paperwork signed and all. Financed through GM.

my question - now that it’s July do I still get all my rebates? 

7 hours ago, krisftw said:

Got a 2020 1500 RST with convenience I & II, leather, all star package, trailer package. Got a spray on bed liner and tints included in the deal.

MSRP $50k

OTD $40k.

costco $1500 

lease incentive $1500

car was not in stock but had one with vin assigned and leaving factory. Should arrive in 1-2 weeks. 

since you didn't order it ( was already built in stock), I would think deal stands just way you signed for it, if they had it on lot you would have drove it home, similar to a dealer trade and your just waiting for it.....pretty good deal as it stands

3 hours ago, Dunn said:

since you didn't order it ( was already built in stock), I would think deal stands just way you signed for it, if they had it on lot you would have drove it home, similar to a dealer trade and your just waiting for it.....pretty good deal as it stands

Awesome thanks.

now they gave me 45 days until first payment. First payment due in august. Seems like the countdown started the day I signed the paperwork. Can I tell them to start those 45 days when car is delivered? 

oh ******, when you said did the paperwork you meant finalized a deal 100%....yeah,  no changing the terms now

surprised your payments are on the clock and you don't have a truck yet though...….typically people don't finalize paperwork til truck is in hand....I would certainly hope the payments wouldn't start til you actually have a vehicle in your possession 

Edited by Dunn

On 7/4/2020 at 7:46 PM, Dunn said:

I had a friend who’s mom bought a car and within a week had to return it because i think she lied on the application and the loan wouldn’t go through. They sold her something else

On 7/5/2020 at 8:09 AM, krisftw said:

MSRP $50k

OTD $40k.

costco $1500 

lease incentive $1500

State?