Spark Plug to replace 41–985

I have a 2004  Silverado 1500 Z71 with the VIN T code 5.3L.  I'm coming up on 100K miles and I need to do plugs and wires.  The manual says  "12571164**/41–985*" (**GM part number/*ACDelco® part number) but I am having a bitch of a time finding them.

RockAuto and every other parts site is saying ACDelco 41-962 Professional Platinum Spark Plug and searches for 41–985 come up empty.

I found a couple of other forums with old posts saying ACDelco 41-110 Professional Iridium Spark Plug was a replacement for the 41–985 but all of the parts stores say some variation on "The part you selected DOES NOT FIT your vehicle"

I found that I need "ACDELCO 9748GG 9.2 in Professional For Coils Stamped 19005218; with 9.2" Leads" as I have the round coils and not the square.

As for what plug to use, they often "update" the part numbers. 

Any time I'm replacing Chevy plugs, I call the dealer parts department and ask when the newest spark plug number is. They always say the same thing: 

"ALL of the previous part numbers are rated as 100K mile plugs, and the latest plug/part number is not any better than the old part numbers/plugs." 

1 hour ago, KiltedShane said:

I have a 2004  Silverado 1500 Z71 with the VIN T code 5.3L.  I'm coming up on 100K miles and I need to do plugs and wires.  The manual says  "12571164**/41–985*" (**GM part number/*ACDelco® part number) but I am having a bitch of a time finding them.

RockAuto and every other parts site is saying ACDelco 41-962 Professional Platinum Spark Plug and searches for 41–985 come up empty.

I found a couple of other forums with old posts saying ACDelco 41-110 Professional Iridium Spark Plug was a replacement for the 41–985 but all of the parts stores say some variation on "The part you selected DOES NOT FIT your vehicle"

I found that I need "ACDELCO 9748GG 9.2 in Professional For Coils Stamped 19005218; with 9.2" Leads" as I have the round coils and not the square.

12571164/41-985 are long gone p/ns.  Iridium plug. 

GM now specs a platinum plug, 19299585/41-962. 

If you want to use iridium and can find them, the newest # for the iridiums is 12680072/41-110.  Take note, the iridium plug is national backorder from GM. 

Wires.  Round coils are 19351571/748GG for the OEM ACDelco wire set (OE wire), or 9748GG for the ACDelco Professional set. 

Edited by newdude
  • Like 2

Amazon has 8 packs of the  "41-110 OEM Gm 12621258 Professional Iridium Spark Plug" for $38 but the "ACDelco 41-962 Professional Platinum Spark Plug" 8 Pack is $48.  They are both "Fulfilled by Amazon".  Compared to RockAuto that is a good price on the Iridium and a crappy price on the platinum.

yeah, $3 each for iridium and $2 each for the double platinum  It would cover RockAuto's shipping.  I'm really looking at the ones on Amazon as possibly being fakes.  One of the reviews for one of the sellers said so explicitly

So I ended up with ACDelco 9748GG plug wires from Amazon and the ACDelco 41-110 plugs from Advance Auto Parts after I found a 25% code that made them cheaper than RockAuto with 2 day shipping (just barely)