4.3 v6 Exhaust Question

It's not just the 4.3's that are quiet. My 5.3 was a joke as I'm sure the 6.2's in stock form are as well. That being said, leaving it stock may be your best bet. I'm yet to hear any V6 truck sound mean no matter the exhaust. Even the new H.O. 3.5 Ecoboost in the Raptor still sounds like a V6, just louder and more raspy. I wouldn't describe it as menacing in any way and it puts out 450 HP.

I picked up a 2018 Silverado custom with the 4.3 a few months ago, i love it so far but the only thing i dont like is that it is way to quiet compared to my old silverado. Has anyone put an exhaust on that makes a little more noise but dosen't make the v6 sound like a subaru? I want some noise out of this beast!><a href=https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2018_12/20180930_120445.thumb.jpg.881634b6e1fadc2aa9d0d4a0b0f11bf1.jpg' alt='20180930_120445.thumb.jpg.881634b6e1fadc2aa9d0d4a0b0f11bf1.jpg'>

I have 2 trucks - 2015 v6 f150 with magnaflow and 17 Sierra 5.3 with borla Atak
While Sierra sounds deep roar the , f150 sound sound louder but still sounds as a v6
I really like both cause the stock exhaust is really quite .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me trucks with 6 cylinder gas engines should be left alone exhaust wise.  Sound trashy when mashing down hard on the go pedal and fool no one into thinking it's a V8.   A Porsche 911 on the other hand...

• Like 1

I’ve had ( have) 4-6cyl performance cars that have great sounding tuned exhaust. Someone must make tuned exhaust for V-6 trucks. Unlike V-8s simply adding a performance muffler doesn’t make a good sounding exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk