Rear wheels lock up after idling for 10 mins

• 11 months later...

Has any of theses issues been resolved? 

I am experiencing the same kinda issues, 

i sat idling for roughly 30-40 mins, turned into the road and my brakes locked up, every time I’d go over 5mph it would lock up. 

I got towed into shop in town and truck sat for a day, I jumped into it to get loaded up onto trailer and the problem was gone, I drove it to dealership and now I sit and wait 

• 5 months later...
Idling for a few hours at work before my wheels locked up as I pulled into live traffic.
I work construction on bridges in NYC.
I am lucky that my current project is on a side road, else I would be writing this from the bottom of a river.

Now waiting to see if the problem magically fixes itself (like others have stated) while I wait for the service appointment.

It feels like the electronic parking brake.
But I have no 'service engine' light, so is the computer not throwing out service signals?

I will NEVER feel safe using this truck for work again.

My complaint to NHSTA:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Vehicle's Make Model and Model Year: CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 2019

What part of your car was affected? Brakes, Wheels, Unknown or Other

What happened?
Pulled out of a construction site after a work day and the wheels on my truck locked up right in the middle of the road. If I was pulling into a highway, I would not be writing this right now. The truck was idling for about 2 hours before I pulled out into traffic.

The way the wheels stopped, it felt like the parking brake is engaging when I drive.
Maybe this is some kind of limp mode to prevent damage.
If that is the case, it is a very dangerous fail-safe to implement on a vehicle that people depend on for work.

I do not think it is a coincidence that this is the first silverado model with an electronic parking brake.
Oh yah, and this just COINCIDENTALLY happened 1000 miles after my bumper-to-bumper warranty expired.
Also, GM customer service is just a call center in India. Don't bother calling them.

When did this happen? 08/29/2020

small update while I wait for appointment with dealer:

had my buddy check what code it was throwing out.

P1005 - powertrain control module

this still doesn't make sense, why would it gimp my truck.

really wish gm cared about their customers.

IMG_20200902_071312.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did it go a little something like this?  My truck has 35000 on it and this exact thing happened the other day.  This is a dangerous thing and they need to issue a recall immediately.  Luckily my truck is under warranty.  Dealer is saying it is a bad transmission control module and they are replacing it now.  Hopefully this is the problem because I don't feel like dying driving this truck.  FYI I have already had my ECM replaced due to it not communicating with anything...

Just kidding it won't let me upload the video, its too large but if you would like me to send it to you get ahold of me and ill email it to you.  The dealer said they couldn't find the problem and then I showed them the video.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

dealership didn't replace anything last year when this happened, said no codes were coming from the computer and they couldn't replicate the problem.

i haven't used the truck much for work since last time it happened because of the coughening.
last week was the first week back on a jobsite and the wheels lock up again on friday afternoon.

the car was turned off for ~15 minutes and parked in the sun when it happened.

same exact symptoms; wheels locked up over 5mph. no engine light.

i pulled it into some shade and let it sit for ~1 hr.

when i started it back up it let me drive.

i video'd it this time, didn't think i would have to the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSvh4zzFXw

funny thing is, i'm still glad it's not my brother's 2017 1500 😅

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I'm having the same issue in my 2019 Silverado.  First time it happened I had it towed to my local dealership, they had my truck for 4 days and told me nothing was wrong with it as they could not replicate it. They suggested I put it in 4 Low by mistake and that ran me about $200.00.

Now 2 weeks later it happened again,  I got it on video, but of course the next day it doesn't happen. Is it worth going back to the same dealer? I want to because at this point I paid them to tell me I'm crazy but fear it will not replicate while they have it and I'll be out more $$.