Rear wheels lock up after idling for 10 mins

I have about  6000 ( i travel a lot and despise airplane seats )  miles on my 2019 GMC SEIRRA DENALI 5.3 ( I love chrome lol ) . I've  been experiencing   a very troubling issue been to the dealership once already and had a hard time convincing them that something was wrong with the truck .Every time i drive for long periods of time or idle for 10+ mins when i shift from park to drive  i cannot go faster than 5 mph without the rear brakes locking up. I do not know if this is some kind of limp mode or what  . Contacted GM they work slower than molasses  , idk what  to do 

15 hours ago, Kookin said:

I have about  6000 ( i travel a lot and despise airplane seats )  miles on my 2019 GMC SEIRRA DENALI 5.3 ( I love chrome lol ) . I've  been experiencing   a very troubling issue been to the dealership once already and had a hard time convincing them that something was wrong with the truck .Every time i drive for long periods of time or idle for 10+ mins when i shift from park to drive  i cannot go faster than 5 mph without the rear brakes locking up. I do not know if this is some kind of limp mode or what  . Contacted GM they work slower than molasses  , idk what  to do 

Hi, Karl. We understand how frustrating this rear brake concern must be for you. Feel free to send us a private message, if you need us to provide an additional layer of support. We hope to hear from you soon.

Anthony J.

2 hours ago, electron_si said:

Sounds like an issue with the electronic parking brake. Are you getting any code lights 

I  have been thinking  the same thing ,  a service brake assist message came on but then disappears told the dealership they looked shocked and perplexed that can happen.

19 hours ago, Kookin said:

I  have been thinking  the same thing ,  a service brake assist message came on but then disappears told the dealership they looked shocked and perplexed that can happen.

If they are shocked (pardon the pun) something relying on electrical inputs might be failing, find another dealership. It sounds exactly like your parking brake is having issues.

1 hour ago, electron_si said:

Any chance you can unplug the button going to the electronic parking brake to see if it fixes the issue 

I was looking for a fuse to pull , removing the button never crossed my mind.

35 minutes ago, SS502 said:

If they are shocked (pardon the pun) something relying on electrical inputs might be failing, find another dealership. It sounds exactly like your parking brake is having issues.

Definitely I am going to next nearest delearship 

2 hours ago, bfrank02 said:

Could also be the safety package low speed active brake assist, if you have that. Might try cleaning the sensors?!?!?

That system should activate all four brakes so there is a problem in the system. Cleaning the sensors certainly will not hurt but there is something else wrong here.

• 3 months later...

The same thing happened to me last night. This is the report I sent to NHTSA. What did they have to do to fix the issue? My dealer came and picked up my truck and dropped off a loaner but I have no idea how long it will take to fix.

20190403_231107.jpg

Edited by Stephanie Lynn
Removing email address