Where's the PCV Valve? 2015 5.3L

Can anyone tell me where the PCV Valve is on the 2015 Silverado 1500 LT w/ 5.3L. I thought it was off the two hoses from the intake air box but it turns out those are just two metal ports. Please let me know, and if possible provide a picture. 

Thank you!!

Ant

1 hour ago, agraves138 said:

Can anyone tell me where the PCV Valve is on the 2015 Silverado 1500 LT w/ 5.3L. I thought it was off the two hoses from the intake air box but it turns out those are just two metal ports. Please let me know, and if possible provide a picture. 

Thank you!!

Ant

Just to the right of the TB....

25DA7E66-6AD0-4593-94D6-2C16B0ECB1E8.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, agraves138 said:

You guys are awesome, thanks for the help. Got it all changed out yesterday! Thank you!

As a collective group this forum has a lot of people willing to help! I’ve learned a lot here ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, chuckworkb said:

I was going to ask the same question. Thanks. But  I have another question regarding those ports. They connect to the air box from the valve covers so do that also introduce oil into the engine?  Thanks

Okay here’s the deal. The port in the pic a few posts above this one (dirty out) goes to the port on the valve cover valley port (on a 5.3) drivers side, it’s a little different on the 6.2 but same principle. Yes it allows garbage to go back into the intake, get sucked past the intake valves and into the cylinder (see the catch can debate on this forum) for part of the combustion cycle. The ports that come off the front of the valve covers and attach to the air box plenum ALSO allow oil vapors containing contaminants to be sucked right back down the throttle body, into the intake, through the intake valves and into the combustion chamber. The thing to know is that on these Direct Injection engines, the fuel injectors are in the cylinder and no longer spray fuel over the backside of the intake valves (like the old Port Injection) so there is nothing cleaning the contaminants off the backside of the valves as it’s all being sucked into the cylinder...what doesn’t get injested burns itself onto the backside of the intake valves. Hope this helps.

8893D202-7AC9-4A9E-ABD3-ADDE996C5373.jpeg

Edited by SS502

29 minutes ago, chuckworkb said:

Thanks that was helpful. it seems to me that 3 catch cans are needed to stop that. One one the PCV valve and 2 on the ports off the valve covers. That just sems crazy.

Well all the good can manufacturers use a catch can, bridge the valve covers and use a CSS to the drivers side of the air plenum, capping the passenger side of the plenum. There is a dual can set up new to the market too and it replaces the CSS. But yeah, it’s crazy. I encourage you to do a lot of reading on this subject. There is about a 50-50 split on those who feel the need (me) and those who feel it’s a waste of money because...well I can’t really understand that thinking so I won’t go there. READ READ READ lol it really just boils down to personal preference.

On 1/28/2019 at 9:43 PM, flyingfool said:

they put a cyclone style catch can on the camaro ss,  only cost $350 lol

Who put a cyclone style catch can on the Camaro SS? GM? Do you have or maybe have a link to a picture of this can? Thanks!

problem it cost like $400 from GM, I decided to go with a larger cyclone filter from an XR600 for my PCV catch https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-XL500R-XL500-XL600R-XL-600R-500R-airbox-breather-separator-vent-hose/173658694461?hash=item286edd633d:g:L2sAAOSwk4Rb-jw9:rk:5:pf:0

Edited by flyingfool

8 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

problem it cost like $400 from GM, I decided to go with a larger cyclone filter from an XR600 for my PCV catch https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-XL500R-XL500-XL600R-XL-600R-500R-airbox-breather-separator-vent-hose/173658694461?hash=item286edd633d:g:L2sAAOSwk4Rb-jw9:rk:5:pf:0

When you get all done can you post pictures? I’ve already seen your other pics and you were going to add more to your setup. Just would like to see the complete setup when you’re done if you don’t mind showing it.