2013 GMC Sierra Wiper Motor and Vent Blower Motor Issues

Hello! I have a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 and recently took it into the shop as I was having windshield wiper issues and air vent issues for heat and A/C. Both of which are kind of a big deal especially being December and never knowing what the weather will be.

The windshield wipers currently only work on the highest speed, sometimes they will stutter very slow on other speeds, but usually won't work at all on anything other than the highest speed. The shop I went to told me it was the wiper motor and it was weak. 
Then, I have also been having issues with the air vents not always working. I never know what I am going to get with this when I start the truck up. Sometimes I will start it and get absolutely nothing out of the vents on any speed I put the heat or A/C at. Sometimes they work as they should on any of the speeds I set it at. I've been on trips where I start the truck up and don't get anything.. then hours/miles later air starts blowing out of them on the speed setting they're on. Or trips where I don't get any air to blow out of them at all. I have tried reading as much as I can on this and have been told it could be the vents sticking and not opening up as they should. I was told by the shop that the blower motor is not working and there's bearing tension inside the motor that seizes up in colder temperatures. Well, this vent issue has happened to me in both the dead of summer and the coldest part of winter where it won't blow the heat or the A/C. So I am not completely convinced that it's the bearings getting cold and seizing up. 
Either way, I am stuck on both of these issues and have a hard time wrapping my head around it being both motors (wiper and blower vent) going out at similar times when the truck is only 5 years old. Just wanted to get some input on what others have experienced on either or both issues. 

Thanks!

Electrical problems. . . .

Typically need a meter and an ability to generate appropriate power signals to each of the components in the affected circuit.

Wipers: fuse block, fuse, wire, control arm, wire, wiper motor, ground wire

Blower: fuse block, wire, fan control, wire, (resister - old school), blower motor, ground

Vent (GM parlance - mode) - fuse block, fuse, wire, vent control, wire, vent controller, ground

For a 5 year old truck, it's odd that both went out at the same time. You would have have to check the primary component - but I would also check the common items - the wires , a critter might have gotten in and did a little chewing.

On the fan. Take the hush panel off to expose the blower motor.. Make sure the connectors at the motor and resistor module are not melted or corroded.. if good tap on the motor when it is not working..if it kicks in ,the motor is bad.. easy tests
The wiper would need some circuit testing.. you would need to be comfortable with testing otherwise it is just a guess.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk