MotoMaster Total Terrain A/T3

I am just wondering if anyone purchased these tires and what there thoughts are on them? I am looking at the 275/65/18 size, they also have the same size in LT. I had read that they were rebranded tires and sold in the USA as Cooper Discover ATZ? I'm not sure the validity but a few made those statements when comparing DOT codes. I currently have the original Goodyear Wranglers on, they were great the first winter and although only 50, 000kms on them now, pretty slick this winter. Do I need LT? I tow occasionally and I don't do much off-roading.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/tires/pdp/motomaster-total-terrain-a-t3-tire-0051004p.1082302.html

Edited by BlueSilvyZ71

Those do look exactly like my buddy's Cooper discoverer atz.... He runs them on his Jeep and likes them.

I am just wondering if anyone purchased these tires and what there thoughts are on them? I am looking at the 275/65/18 size, they also have the same size in LT. I had read that they were rebranded tires and sold in the USA as Cooper Discover ATZ? I'm not sure the validity but a few made those statements when comparing DOT codes. I currently have the original Goodyear Wranglers on, they were great the first winter and although only 50, 000kms on them now, pretty slick this winter. Do I need LT? I tow occasionally and I don't do much off-roading.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/tires/pdp/motomaster-total-terrain-a-t3-tire-0051004p.1082302.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sorry atp...
http://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-atp_suv.aspx

53 minutes ago, Coxryan1 said:

Those do look exactly like my buddy's Cooper discoverer atz.... He runs them on his Jeep and likes them.

Does he like them in snow, if he has experience in it? We're getting a lot of snow... :/

Edited by BlueSilvyZ71

I put those tires on my truck in January and i have no complaints. They have a nice deep tread, hook up pretty good, quiet, haven't been stuck and seem to be wearing quite well. As you see on Canadian Tire people have given them high reviews too, and with their no interest equal payments with their mastercard, its hard to beat. Don't forget that they are not snowflake rated, just M+S.

You do not need LT rated tires on your 1500 and probably do not need AT style tires.  I find that Michelin street tires (M&S) from Costco perform well in all weather conditions.  They last me a few winters.   The tires you are considering look nice but will not last as long.  MotoMaster is a safe, inexpensive brand of tire and I have purchased them for other vehicles.  "Looks" don't necessarily indicate improved winter driving.  If you are in need of superior traction in winter, you could consider buying a set of dedicated snow rated tires on rims from CT and switch to your current wheels in the spring.  

I am heading into my third Canadian winter on my Michelin Defenders.  I deliver meals to shut-ins, some in rural settings, and have yet been prevented by snow.

• Like 1