Light bar

goeb34

Thinking about doing the rough country 30” behind the grille and maybe one in the dead space between the tow hooks (2014 Sierra) anybody done this and have any pictures and tips/tricks? What switch location cause im trying to avoid drilling at all cost.

I had the Rough Country on my 14 Sierra, it was a very easy install with the exception of getting the plastic fascia cover right below the grill off. You just wait...go to your local auto part store and get a couple trim tools and don't get frustrated because if you break one of the clips (like I did) you'll end up having a little gap and it will never line up again. They aren't cheap either, of course. As far as the switch goes I ran the wires through the fire wall and had the cheap switch that came with it under the steering wheel, it worked just fine for me! 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

I had the Rough Country on my 14 Sierra, it was a very easy install with the exception of getting the plastic fascia cover right below the grill off. You just wait...go to your local auto part store and get a couple trim tools and don't get frustrated because if you break one of the clips (like I did) you'll end up having a little gap and it will never line up again. They aren't cheap either, of course. As far as the switch goes I ran the wires through the fire wall and had the cheap switch that came with it under the steering wheel, it worked just fine for me! 

Good luck! 

Yeah ive been worried about that plastic fascia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, goeb34 said:

Yeah ive been worried about that plastic fascia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh its a pain in the ass, no doubt about it but those trim tools helped significantly. The absolute best piece of advice though is like I already said don't get frustrated because it'll lead to you ripping it off angrily and debating on just buying a new one and throwing the old one away...not speaking from experience or anything. 

Been thinkin about the light bar for my 17, Why hasn't someone wired it into the hi-beam and eliminated the need for the extra switch?

I thought about it but i have an all lights on module so dont think it could still work as such