Headlights Intermittently Turns-On and Off 2014 GMC Sierra SLE w/ HID Conversion

Problem Description: 

Headlights turns-On and sometimes does not w/ DRL

Headlights turns-Off while driving and then comes back On

Headlight does not turn-On at initial startup and then turns-On while driving

All other lights are functional, Tail Lights Brake light and Reverse are Ok

All Turn Signals w/ Hazards are Ok

Fog lights (Morimoto XB LED's) are Ok

Action:

Taken to a reputable shop to troubleshoot; of course the lights were functional the entire time during the visit; issue re-occured later during that day on my way home from work. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

There is a thread on here about someone who fried their BCM with their HIDs but the issue didn’t appear until months if not years after a trouble free install. He had similar intermittent light issues. If I find it, I will post a link. It was a reputable system, and GM denied warranty repair. If I remember correctly, he made an issue of it for GM to prove the HID caused the problem and they did.

*Edit: this was not related to any HID modification. It was related to wiring the fog lights to stay on with the high beams.

37 minutes ago, 300 Blackout said:

There is a thread on here about someone who fried their BCM with their HIDs but the issue didn’t appear until months if not years after a trouble free install. He had similar intermittent light issues. If I find it, I will post a link. It was a reputable system, (I think Morimoto), and GM denied warranty repair. If I remember correctly, he made an issue of it for GM to prove the HID caused the problem and they did.

Thanks for the response. I got my kit through the Retrofit Source, and ordered the Morimoto Elite Kit. Installed the HID and Fog Lights back in March of this year. No issues up until late October. I did see some videos on YouTube referencing the BCM, causing some strange electrical issues. Hope you find that link. Curious on the details with the BCM. 

Thanks for the response. I got my kit through the Retrofit Source, and ordered the Morimoto Elite Kit. Installed the HID and Fog Lights back in March of this year. No issues up until late October. I did see some videos on YouTube referencing the BCM, causing some strange electrical issues. Hope you find that link. Curious on the details with the BCM. 

I found the link. The HID didn’t cause the problem. It was related to wiring the fog lights to stay on with the high beams. The guy fried 30+ circuits. Some people performed the same mod and were trouble free for years. Others fried various parts of their electrical systems.

I found the link. The HID didn’t cause the problem. It was related to wiring the fog lights to stay on with the high beams. The guy fried 30+ circuits. Some people performed the same mod and were trouble free for years. Others fried various parts of their electrical systems.

I have both the HID kit from TRS and have done the fog light mod. I will be removing this mod now that I know this. Don’t need to dry anything on the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk