Laura GMC

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎16 at 11:20 AM, L86 All Terrain said:

Our dealer sells both GMC and Chevrolet. For my work trucks I usually buy Chevrolet to save a few thousand bucks, but when it comes to my personal trucks my last 3 have been GMC's. In my personal experience I have found them to be "tighter" and nicer to live with. I know that will seem outrageous to the Silverado faithful here but the ride, interior quality and rattles have always been better in my GMC's than the Silverado's. I opted for my first GMC 2500 work truck this time around and love it so far. All the Silverados I have had over the last 3 generations have had creaky, rattling, noisy interiors, albeit on WT models vs. SLT models, so take that with a grain of salt. I also prefer the looks of the Sierra over the Silvy for the last 3 generations. Real aluminum trim and added features are bonuses for the GMC. J.D. Power scores Sierra a 4/5 for reliability vs. 3.5/5 for Silverado. If you can get a similarly equipped GMC for LESS than a Silverado, you would have a VERY hard time convincing me to go with a Silverado. But it all comes down to preference really in the end, same chassis, powertrain, interior layout etc. T1 trucks have the biggest differences between the two models yet. Let us know which way you go.  

My local dealerships also carry both Sierra and Silverado pickups.  I like both models but my past two purchases were SLE's.  The dash on the SLE's is much nicer than the LT's, imo.    I am currently looking at '18 LTZ's and SLT's and they both have the "leather" topped dash.  (I am not a fan of the hood on the Silverado but like their painted grill.)   Op, I do agree with rkj_ and get a truck your wife prefers.  I know very well that my wife would prefer a mid-size SUV so I'm delighted when she participates in selecting a truck.  Also,  no matter how you structure your marital finances, she still owns 50%!

The wife liking it helps for sure. I’ve always been a GM guy but currently have a 2016 Ram. It has been great so far. The wife’s Malibu is great when it was the two of us but with a baby and long road trips we will prolly also be looking at getting a 3 row SUV. I’m hoping Beginning of next year I’ll get a bonus on my GM Buypower card to use. (Got $3,000 bonus in 2017). I think I’ll go with a Sierra SLT not sure for the wife.  Now just to figure out what engine I want to go with for the truck. Prolly should just stick with 5.3 however wish it had the 10 speed. But possibly baby Duramax or 6.2 if I can figure out how to justify it...lol

6 hours ago, Foghorn17 said:

I haven't priced anything with Randy Marion in quite some time, but if they operate like the used to they more than make up their discounts with dealer add-ons.  Last time I priced they had a $1200 add on upholstery and paint protector.  They wouldn't budge on including it in price.  I don't have time for their games.

Never bought from these guys, but their advertised prices are good.  Have to take a road trip to Miami though.

https://www.bomninchevrolet.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&year=2019&model=Silverado 1500&drivetrain=4WD&bodyStyleClassification=Crew Cab Pickup - Short Bed

I almost had a deal with Bomnin, but in the end decided I didn't like their business model.

$1293.75 in dealer fees right off the top, compared to $175 at Laura.  They want to add $299 for wheel locks.  High Country already includes the $75 LPO wheel locks, which is already too $$$.

Add $99 more for their registration/title service offered by a third party.  They won't remove it even if you're out of state doing your own TT&L running.  $500 up front to cover all title/registration/plate fees, but they *promise* to refund whatever isn't required.

In the end it was still a good price, but personally I prefer working with dealers like Laura.  No games trying to figure out exactly what this thing is going to cost.  I ended up going with Banks in NH, but the experience talking to Laura and Banks was very similar.. very simple and straightforward.

2 hours ago, DaverSomethingSomething said:

I almost had a deal with Bomnin, but in the end decided I didn't like their business model.

$1293.75 in dealer fees right off the top, compared to $175 at Laura.  They want to add $299 for wheel locks.  High Country already includes the $75 LPO wheel locks, which is already too $$$.

Add $99 more for their registration/title service offered by a third party.  They won't remove it even if you're out of state doing your own TT&L running.  $500 up front to cover all title/registration/plate fees, but they *promise* to refund whatever isn't required.

In the end it was still a good price, but personally I prefer working with dealers like Laura.  No games trying to figure out exactly what this thing is going to cost.  I ended up going with Banks in NH, but the experience talking to Laura and Banks was very similar.. very simple and straightforward.

Whew almost $1300 in fees is steep not to mention all the add ons.  You aren't convincing me to look south in the future.  Not familiar with Banks.