Interior

kylant

See attached photo.....-21 Celsius and no creaking or cracking from the interior...I've had my truck for two years and the temperatures go from +40C to -40C..

I guess I'm lucky??

I've also not heard anyone I else know locally with these problems.906c727531f11dad7713b709ae2653b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, KA0S said:

See attached photo.....-21 Celsius and no creaking or cracking from the interior...I've had my truck for two years and the temperatures go from +40C to -40C..

I guess I'm lucky??

I've also not heard anyone I else know locally with these problems.906c727531f11dad7713b709ae2653b6.jpg

Yep...

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156011-the-interior-snap-crackle-pop-thread/?tab=comments#comment-1384901

You must have the most perfect truck ever built.  Perfect transmission, perfectly silent interior, perfectly seamless AFM.  You should never sell that truck.  Or you just don’t notice what your truck is actually doing underneath you. It’s fine either way, I wasn’t complaining. It is a well known fact that plastic and other interior pieces will creak against each other. I hear it in my dads $200,000 Mercedes and $80,000 Infiniti and $80,000 Audi Q7. Like I said, it’s part of the deal. 

I’d expect a rattle free experience from a Rolls Royce, other than that, most vehicles will develop some noise while driving at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, GMCsierra06 said:

I’d expect a rattle free experience from a Rolls Royce, other than that, most vehicles will develop some noise while driving at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.  Couldn't agree more.  Some people are just oblivious to these things, and others notice them.  Sounds like the OP is one that notices these things, and he will also notice it in a new 2019, I am sad to say.

Thank you.  Couldn't agree more.  Some people are just oblivious to these things, and others notice them.  Sounds like the OP is one that notices these things, and he will also notice it in a new 2019, I am sad to say.
Some people also don't have them....

It's not impossible to not experience these things. Could be lucky enough not to...

13 hours ago, JacobC1983 said:

Sounds like the OP is one that notices these things, and he will also notice it in a new 2019, I am sad to say.

yep I do, and it bothers me, unfortunately. :sigh:

It just seems like this new truck rattles way more than any other truck I have owned (and that is a lot).

all of the rattles are from the center console and the trim around the center of the dash. I can push on the dash or grab the sides of the console and make them stop. The Ford I sold to get this truck was not like this, but it had other issues.

Edited by kylant

My 2015 is one of the quietest vehicles I have owned.  It did have some minor dash squeaks but I didn't want the dealer tearing into things since they don't always get it back together correctly.  There are TSB's online that show areas where the Techs are supposed to put flocking tape to eliminate dash squeaks.  Just buy yourself a roll of this:

https://www.amazon.com/J-V-Converting-FLOCK-1-BLK05833-Flocking/dp/B07J34NTWJ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1542654513&sr=8-4&keywords=flocking+tape

in whatever size you like to work with.  When you hear a dash squeak remove the affected piece, place small strips of the tape near all the clips and areas where the panel fits against other pieces of the dash, and reinstall the piece.  This takes care of 99% of the squeaks the first time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...