Rear window leak

Demon

If they have the entire rear interior pulled out, you are missing a golden opportunity to get some dynamat installed to sound proof things. I removed the rear seats and carpet on my 16 and did sound proofing. It is a lot of work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

So not a single LT or RST with a leak on this forum?

There might be a LT or a RST in the bunch but the user did not list the type of Silverado.  My guess is if the vehicle has a Power Slider in the rear and depending on the build date [If GM switched window vendors or took action to correct the window deficiency] it will leak.

Today I just sprayed the back glass area with a hose and then went through a drive thru car wash. Couldn't find any water on seats after either one. My build date sticker shows 11/18 but just bought last week. Maybe I'm ok for now, but with all the issues reported here, I'm going to inspect any time it rains. Mine is a LTZ. 

Edited by UGADawgs

So my truck has been sitting on the dealer lot since late August 2018. Given how wet my headliner is on both sides and the amount of water dripping on the seats, I am assuming it has been doing this every time it rained since last fall? So that is what headliner, front and rear window, seats, carpet, rear window motor, all the sound proofing material that needs to be replaced? What about the side impact airbags that run along the roofline?

Take my truck for example, built Aug 18 and bought Sept 13 2018. Washed it frequently, been in a few rainstorms and no leaks. Last Saturday, a slow drizzle and I have a few drops in the back.

Maybe yours has not leaked since day one but just got worse over time. Anyhow the dealer will probably replace the window and headliner. The carpet should be but the dealer/GM may balk saying it will dry out. If it has not rained since you bought it, then your case will be good to go in saying that it has been leaking a long time. The air bags will be fine. But the interior will get emptied out in the rear to replace everything. Get it to the dealership, call Chevy Care and keep us updated on what they do to the vehicle. Sorry about your circumstances and I hope GM, Dealer treat you and your vehicle with great care.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

I'm gonna drop my truck off tonight after getting back from opening day of trout season. I already called the guy t customer care that helped me out with my 16 k2 troubles and left a message to open a case number and call me this morning. Fingers crossed.

Did anyone get offered an extended warranty or maintenance plan for their troubles?

On 3/31/2019 at 5:35 AM, ShamrockShooter said:

So not a single LT or RST with a leak on this forum?

I didn't see an LTZ in that list either.   GREAT notes, thank you!!!