2014 Sierra 1500 whining,gear grinding/howling while accelerating

Hello,

Borat here. I have 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 with 80,000 miles. HIGH FIVE! But it have problem. I have noticed sometimes when accelerating(on ramp getting on high way) there is a whining/gear grinding type sound. I can only force it to happen by punching the accelerator and causing it to shift from 4 or 5 into 2 or 3. It sporadically happens at low speeds but I’ve been able to replicate it happening around 70mph and hard acceleration. See video below for sound. 

https://youtu.be/9L2obt0J2eg

Hey, Borat. If you’re thinking about visiting your servicing GM dealership about your Sierra’s accelerator situation, we would be happy to work alongside them, to provide an additional layer of support. If interested, please send us a private message. We hope to hear from you soon.

Anthony J.

Edited by GMCustomerService

• 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Any updates? I recently started noticing this same exact thing on my 2014 Silverado around 95,000 mi.

2 hours ago, AA24 said:

Any updates? I recently started noticing this same exact thing on my 2014 Silverado around 95,000 mi.

From the comments on OP video he apparently replaced the transmission. But there's no answer as to if that fixed it. And the OP has not been on here since 2018.