I'm sorry, but they're just hideous!

manley

On 1/29/2020 at 4:40 PM, Doolin-Dalton said:

Howdy partner, I don't reckon you know what you're talking about or perhaps you're angry at something else and trying to take it out on these trucks.

Fact is, they are best-in-class forward leaning design.  Industry lead in sales volume.  Sit back and watch everyone copy Chevy/GMC next year.  

Love my new truck!  Gonna keep it 20+ years.

So far, 5,000 miles, 1 year,  0 problems. 

V8, 4WD, TrailBoss, Dual Exhaust, Sirius XM, Infotainment, Electronic Tailgate,  6 1/2 foot bed with LED lights and more.  All that, $37,500 OTD. 

22-25mpg via AFM, can't beat it.

1alpha.JPG

Interested in what speed you’re getting your MPGs at. I have your same drive train with smaller lighter tires and I don’t come close to that. 

On 1/31/2020 at 7:35 AM, Doolin-Dalton said:

hey city slick, yeah you buy one of these, with 5.3V8 and cylinder deactivation mode running on 4cyls, you can easily get 22-25 mpg on the highway.  typically 22mpg with some hills.  25mpg if you can get level ground for some distance.  

22mpg.jpg

Never mind you answered my question. You went 5 miles and got 22 MPGs. ? I do that plenty as well. 

On 1/29/2020 at 6:28 PM, Cjc said:

Do you think somebody is going to take a picture of your truck like mine.Unless it's yourself taking a picture of your truck,no stranger is going to take a picture of your truck.Like someone said we are all truck owners, and as long 

your proud to own that truck that's all that counts.Because If your not proud of the vehicle you own you never take care of it.

I think your truck is the only truck that someone has taken a picture of before. Congrats! ? 

• Like 2

im with you in the Raptor camp but my local dealer has upgraded raptors in their lot they are selling for 90k. They look very similar to this with the bumpers, lights and different rims etc. They sell quite a bit of them too. 

No need for the upgraded raptors, basic Raptor will beat anything GM would throw at it for low $50’s and then price climbs for specialty upgrades just as it would with any and every vehicle on the lots. I’d buy a Raptor and leave it pretty much stock anyway, currently loving my 18 SLT 6.2 and expecting to keep it for a while.

Sent from Above

Wow, this all started with the OP on 10/30/2018 jumping camp to a Ford F150.

Got to love the Mob mentality to keep it going, now bashing Ford and Gm products..... 

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TXGREEK said:

No need for the upgraded raptors, basic Raptor will beat anything GM would throw at it for low $50’s and then price climbs for specialty upgrades just as it would with any and every vehicle on the lots. I’d buy a Raptor and leave it pretty much stock anyway, currently loving my 18 SLT 6.2 and expecting to keep it for a while.

Sent from Above

I’m with you. Only thing I’d do to a Raptor is paint the fender flares to match as well as the bumpers. They are pretty bad the way they are. I was just stating that a direct Apples to Apples comparison the Jackal isn’t that far off. Especially for a small company that produces so few. 

I’m with you. Only thing I’d do to a Raptor is paint the fender flares to match as well as the bumpers. They are pretty bad the way they are. I was just stating that a direct Apples to Apples comparison the Jackal isn’t that far off. Especially for a small company that produces so few. 

I still wouldn’t even consider it, being that the Raptor was built an OffRoad vehicle from scratch versus after market upgrades imho the GM after market is more of a concept and not a proven platform, therefore, more of a Batman concept dream machine but, I hope GM is listening, there are those of us that are interested.

Sent from Above

You also bought a work truck with a crappy Rancho lift. Which is fine. Just don’t try to compare it to a Raptor. 

That’s like me proudly saying I paid 27k for my wife’s Camry when a group of guys are sitting around talking about their Z06 Corvettes. 

I had a 2014 Raptor. Thanks for explaining what I have and don’t have.
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, spizike9 said:

Interested in what speed you’re getting your MPGs at. I have your same drive train with smaller lighter tires and I don’t come close to that. 

Speed is usually 65 mph, with cruise control on the interstate, but can only yield that on flat stretches. On those level terrain stretches that go for say 5 miles in length, truck gets  22-25mpg easily.  

If I encounter any hills, because of the weight of the truck, that number will go down dramatically to more like 15-18 mpg depending on the grade.  I do have a Tonneau Cover and a Double Cab model. I've heard that not having a Tonneau can make a difference in MPG?   Also tire sizes 275/65  R18.   

I don't believe my guage that says what mpg I am getting while driving....it is very inconsistent

I checked mine once and it was .2 less than actual. Very accurate. I filled my tank at the same spot and stopped when the handle turned off. Make sure you check from the same spot if you want real accuracy on your calculations.

9 minutes ago, Robotaz said:

I checked mine once and it was .2 less than actual. Very accurate. I filled my tank at the same spot and stopped when the handle turned off. Make sure you check from the same spot if you want real accuracy on your calculations.

I take same trip every day....it was 17-19 for awhile.....than one day 22-25 and just lately 13-14 all on highway same speed same everything....I haven't checked gallons filled to miles driven yet, I was happy cuz my tundra was shit.....just lately its been all over the map

15 hours ago, spizike9 said:

I think your truck is the only truck that someone has taken a picture of before. Congrats! ? 

No I don't think so.I'm saying theirs  nobody is taken a picture of the T1 truck.It's funny how these guys always say we're jealous and can't afford the T1 truck.No that's not the case there just plain ugly,and we don't waist are money on them.

29 minutes ago, Cjc said:

No I don't think so.I'm saying theirs  nobody is taken a picture of the T1 truck.It's funny how these guys always say we're jealous and can't afford the T1 truck.No that's not the case there just plain ugly,and we don't waist are money on them.

You specifically said a couple different times that you don’t think people are taking pictures of their truck like they are of yours. 

You need to understand that looks are subjective. The new Chevy design is very polarizing. Many think it’s Chevy’s ugliest truck ever. I personally think in certain configurations (RST, TB and HC) it’s their best looking truck since ‘71-‘72. However I also understand that that is based purely on my subjective opinion. 

The interiors aren’t what they should be as I feel they are just a minor step up from the K2s but again that’s subjective and it’s just my opinion. 

I’m a K2 owner. Overall I like my truck but I want the 6.2/10 speed along with BSM adaptive CC and cooled seats. 

I ended up doing what I tell people not to do on this site and settled for a good deal instead of waiting for exactly what I wanted. Now I’m looking at getting a new truck less than 2 years after my last. I made that mistake.